Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to do next after clay bar car?

Chris246810

Question

Hello all

I have a 13 malibu that hasn't been clayed in three years of doing high way mileage. I wanted to take it to a place that does car detaling but not in my price range for it for now so i was gonna attempt it myself. I have been using adams for a few months now. It makes my car look nice again. So my question is i have a clay kit and want to clay my whole car can i do the bumpers esp the front that gets so dry it just sucks up the water when washing it. So whats good to use after clay can i just go right into the buttery wax? I dont have any machines yet so its gonna be done all by hand.also should i use strip wash before claying?

10 answers to this question

You can use strip wash first and the clay your car, are sure to rewash the car to remove all the dirt that came off from clawing the car, then I would do a rubbing alcohol/disttled water wipe down to insure you have a clean slate when you are applying your buttery wax. Make sure when you clay your car you do it in one direction and not in a circular motion.

Have Fun!

Thank you. Oh yes it will be fun when i have the time to do it.

Whats the mix of water to vigner in a spray bottle? Yes i will use back and forth motion.

There are many variations of the distilled water and IPA wipe down.  I prefer use 90% IPA (to make the calculation easier, since it is close to 100%), and mix it up at 80% distilled water and 20% IPA.  Some go up to 50/50.  Try the lower ratio first to see if it works for you.  You can always add more IPA.  

You're going to do fine!  I believe most of us have been in your shoes at one point or another.  If you run into any issues, I'm confident one of us will be able to help you out.  

Shoot, I bet if you ask for help, there may be someone in your area that could lend a hand.

Good luck!