Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying new merino wool wash mit

hemi1300

Question

Love the new merino mit, just bought 2 of them and does a fantastic job. On the directions it says not to dry in direct sunlight, any reasoning for this? I like to rinse out my mits when done, wring them out good, and hang from the patio furniture in the sun to dry it quicker. Could leaving it to dry in the sun actually damage the mit?

7 answers to this question

Love the new merino mit, just bought 2 of them and does a fantastic job. On the directions it says not to dry in direct sunlight, any reasoning for this? I like to rinse out my mits when done, wring them out good, and hang from the patio furniture in the sun to dry it quicker. Could leaving it to dry in the sun actually damage the mit?

Not to hijack the thread but do you find the new merino to be hefty when wet? That's really the only beef I had with the old one.

I'm not sure if the new one is anything like the old one.  I've had the same one for 5~ years.  After I'm done washing the car, I hose it off and place it on top of a grit guard to air dry.

It's been fine since.  

Not to hijack the thread but do you find the new merino to be hefty when wet? That's really the only beef I had with the old one.

Maybe a little heavy, but nothing bad at all. I don't notice because I only have to have it full of water when I go from the bucket to the car.