Customer Service 866.965.0400

MICE!

Rich

Been living here 44 years and never had a problem.  A couple weeks ago I uncovered my Vette and popped the hood and saw little tracks over the chrome, but didn't see much else. I'm going to have to pull the fuel rail covers off and see if there is any kind of nest going on.  Now today, I'm in my cabinets in the garage and pull a double soft out...........and there's a big hole chewed out of it.  CRAP!  The garage is detached and I've had mice bait out all winter, but apparently they don't like it so that's not working.

What do you guys do to handle mice?  I'll be buying bins tomorrow. 

Hi Rich, here at work in one of the garages the mice went to town on the wiring of a new Mercedes, the guy at the dealer said to use bounce dryer sheets around the car to help deter them from having a field day. That guy Matthew Moron at obsessed garage had his new Porsche devoured by mice lol. Back to the dryer sheets, so far no more mice droppings in or around the car.

Good Luck

I place Fabric Softener Dryer sheets in the engine bay, throughout the interior and in the trunk. Even with mouse bait around I'll still have traps set along all four walls and one under the car. Lastly I stuff balled up newspaper in the exhaust tips.

I've been using Fresh Cab botanical rodent repellent pouches for the last several years, and so far haven't had a mice problem. I sick a few throughout the garage, and especially in the corners where the door comes down. It puts out a scent that mice don't like, so they move on. It's a little pricey, but considering what I have in my 2 Shelby's, especially the all original '69, for me, it's a small price to pay.

I have heard the dryer sheets as well and use them but cant say they work perfectly as I have seen evidence in one of my cars in the past even with them. 

Personally I use 3 methods and it works but requires some attention on your part. 

1. I use the dryer sheets as I have them in the house anyways so no big deal, a bunch go in after the last movement of the season before she is covered up. 

2. I use D-Con or similar bait that makes the mice head out looking for water to drink so that they pass on elsewhere. 

3. Snap traps (or others if you prefer to not deal with the remains) and I place them in areas where I dont want mice, In my jeep I put them on the floorboards, for the cars its around the tires where they would climb them. 

The key is to figure out where they are getting in and control those points. I realize we cant seal up a place entirely but if you can control where they get in you can then protect that area better to prevent them from getting far. They only need a tiny hole or area to get in, its said that its a 1/4 in, yes one quarter of an inch. 

Mice are looking for food and warmth, ensure there is no food around and they will be less likely to be there, check the temps in there too sometimes a couple degrees can make a difference. As for shelter, well its a garage its always shelter so just make it harder for them to get in and where they can leave traps and other devices right there for them to hit. 

Mice are a constant battle in my house as we have a lot of woods and fields around us so they are always looking for warmth in the winter, its a pain but its a great place to be so combat is required. Cats can help this too but not sure if you want to have another pet in the house or not. 

Mice are a constant battle...multiple lines of defense seems to be the best approach. 

Adding to the above suggestions:

While plugging up entry points, add traps along their path. (They apparently have poor eyesight and tend to travel along walls...)

Mice are a major reason I do not cover my car. (Mice like dark, confined spaces.)

"Mouse proof" the outside of the building as well. Keep the grass/weeds in check. Use exterior traps and repellent. 

Use approved bait stations to avoid harming harmless and/or domestic animals. 

Edited by LT1xL82

I had a mouse problem in my garage and after fixing the opening where the could get in, I put Bounce sheets in the car, engine bay and cabinets.  I followed that up with Victor Ultrasonic Mouse repellents and only had one mouse in my snap traps from Dec to today.

http://www.victorpest.com/advice/all-about/victor-repellents/types-of-repellents

Not sure if fixing the issue was the cure or adding in the ultrasonic repellents was the bigger cure, but they are gone and that's the key.

I heard about the bounce sheets idea before but never tried it. Like I said, never had an issue in 44 years.  For some reason, the critters have been overwhelming here this year.  I have a half dozen deer who keep eating the bird seed, ate all our tulips and hostas and small plants.  I have three monster sized raccoons that I actually thought were bobcats they were so big.  4 ugly *** possums who are hanging around nightly along with tons of chipmunks and squirrels  this year.  Warmer than normal weather maybe?  I don't know. I just know they're out of control! 

• 3 weeks later...