Customer Service 866.965.0400

CanAm Outlander 850 ATV

Broc212

Question

I believe this is my first actual thread on here so hopefully I can receive some information!

So yesterday I bought a brand new CanAm outlander. Me being the freak I am, I want to put some kind of coating whether it be paint sealant, a good wax, or even ceramic coating. My big thing is helping the water run off the ATV whenever I'm out and about as well as aid in washing it because this will be used around our business and for trail riding. My biggest concern is the plastic. If I use a product, is it going to hurt the plastics, possibly discolor it? I've got plenty of product from Adam's so I was curious which one would be best to help achieve the best protection.

Any advice please let me know!

post-15888-0-58660600-1493391602_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

I have an '01 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO that I use VRT on. Now I had the four wheeler long before I had any Adam's product so it wasn't in the best shape, light scratches and such. I use VRT as it tends to hide some stuff.

That is a lot cleaner than I expected! Do you ride it much? I don't really plan to bog this thing. It'll definitely see some use, but I definitely won't be putting it away dirty any time soon.

I can't get over how clean that turns out. I just cleaned mine with the VRT. Going to change out the tires and install a winch before I ride again. Ended up going through some sand in a creek and it just sunk instantly. Friend just drove around me on his weightless Honda.. Lol

I'm thinking you treat it similar to a daily driver for your approach. So, in my opnion, the fastest solution is probably VRT the trim and tires, UCS under the body (not what is normally done for a car, but the 4-wheeler is smaller and easier to work with), and PS on the body. Don't know about the seat, but maybe ID or LC. Then, use HGG or Ceramic Boost every so often to keep protection going. All of these products should be fine on the plastics, since they work more than perfect on a car's. Post some pics when done!

Edited by falcaineer

This was after I just coated, undercarriage, and ceramic boosted it.

Man that cleans up nice. I can't bring myself to get my RZR that clean, I wouldn't want to get it dirty again. I usually take my to the pay and spray to clean it on my way home if i'm not gonna drive it for a while.

Man that cleans up nice. I can't bring myself to get my RZR that clean, I wouldn't want to get it dirty again. I usually take my to the pay and spray to clean it on my way home if i'm not gonna drive it for a while.

But that ceramic trim coating on there makes it so easy to get it that clean.

I think I'm going to order some ceramic coating.

I never washed any of my ATV/Dirt bikes as a kid so now I'm the complete opposite. I want to wash stuff soon as I finish riding....
Paying for stuff makes you change your mind quickly! Lol

*Side note: So I used the great white towel to get it dry and the Outlander has a lot of dips in the plastic where water sat. Hit it with the towel and it instantly dried it with no issue. If anyone has a boat, I firmly believe that towel is a must have to keep on the boat with a thing of detail spray so once you get off the lake. Boom. Quick dry and clean.

Last question... since all of the body is plastic, is there anything special I should or SHOULDN'T be doing? I don't think I scratched it by any means so I believe what I'm doing works.

Sprayed it down to remove any dirt/rocks/sand. Foam cannon, let it sit. Hand wash mitt, sprayed it off again for awhile to make sure nothing is left. Dried it with the great white towel.

Last question... since all of the body is plastic, is there anything special I should or SHOULDN'T be doing? I don't think I scratched it by any means so I believe what I'm doing works.

Sprayed it down to remove any dirt/rocks/sand. Foam cannon, let it sit. Hand wash mitt, sprayed it off again for awhile to make sure nothing is left. Dried it with the great white towel.

Any plastic that is in question of being clean enough should be scrubbed using Tire and Rubber cleaner then the coating prep.

*Side note: So I used the great white towel to get it dry and the Outlander has a lot of dips in the plastic where water sat. Hit it with the towel and it instantly dried it with no issue. If anyone has a boat, I firmly believe that towel is a must have to keep on the boat with a thing of detail spray so once you get off the lake. Boom. Quick dry and clean.

Love the GWT; I also just bought one of the new ultra plush drying towels. But another thought for you is to pick up a Sidekick. It's an awesome tool, and reading on here about how people with motorcycles love them (us with cars/trucks do, too, but motorcycles are more similar in this example :)), I think it would help your drying process immensely. Add in that it's currently on sale, then double down with either the on-going 10% forum discount or a 15% sale like what's going on now, and it's a real bargain. Think about it.  :thumbsup:

Hello guys, I just got a new Honda dual sport motorcycle that is mostly glossy plastic and stickers like your rigs. 

Do you have any input for long term reviews on what worked and what didn't? If you stuck with your procedure or would have done something differently?

I'm debating between the Graphene VRT or doing something with ceramic coatings (also open to other suggestions). I am like Broc212 and don't want anything bad to happen to the plastics, just looking for some extra reassurance on which direction to go. Thanks!