Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pollen Wars

MaverickC2

Question

17 answers to this question

My wife is miserable with pollen allergies right now.  It's pretty bad here in PA. 

And I took the Vette out for the first time today for a drive (finally got around to putting the insurance back on her).  It was beautiful and hot and sunny, drove all over town and nearby neighborhoods, and stopped at the neighboring town's Chevy dealership to check out a beautiful new Z06, and what happens?  It starts to sprinkle.  Then rain a bit. Then  POUR.  Only there. Drove a mile down the road in pouring rain and hit dry roads.  Didn't rain anywhere else except where I was.  Now the car is dirty. CRAP!  So you know what I'll be doing tomorrow.  Last warm day in the forecast for a while.  50's for the next 8 days starting Tuesday. Oh well.

But yea, pollen sucks for cars, rain sucks for cars.  Can't we have all sun filled pollen free days, and it can rain at night? 

I have been fighting this battle as well. We are building a new home and are living with my parents in the mean time. The pollen is crazy not to mention all the stuff that falls ooff the trees. I am keeping my SS at my work's garage but my daily driver is getting hammered! I tried to cover it but the pollen gets under the cover! I give up. I will just have to wash it every weekend :)

yeah, we just finished the Oak season, which is after the Cedar season.  Now we have a few things like Pecan but that's not too bad.  But I was Waterless washing my car, and my towels every couple days.  The Ceramic Coating I applied in December was the best decision.  Really helped make the Waterless process simple and safe.  Good luck to those of you in the rest of the country

I've read/researched some about ceramic coatings. Thinking about doing it myself after paint correction on my new to me 2006 Z4M in Imola red ( need to do my profile and post some pics. Does the coating keep pollen from sticking/smearing ?  About to buy my first DA. Want to get the GG6, with a 3 inch HD backing plate as well. 

Here is West Coastal/Central FL, the pollen finally stopped. While I was claying my car for the first time, one month ago, to get a complete coverage of white overspray off entire car. I would start at a bit before sunrise. Had all my tools ready to go, covered next to the drive way. At precisely 9:35 AM, it would come down the the NE Ohio I spent 30 years in.