Customer Service 866.965.0400

wax, glaze, sealant on windows and lights

camp316

Question

So im getting ready to start my first full correction and sealant and wax. Ive tried to watch as many videos as i can before i start, however one thing is still kinda unclear. 

When doing the lights and glass, do you use all the same products and steps as the paint?

Ive seen where Adam uses brilliant glaze on the lights and wax on the windshield but do they all work the same across the whole car? It just seems a little reckless to run the polisher all over every surface of the car.  

6 answers to this question

You can use paint sealant on headlights/taillights but I wouldn't use it on your glass due to it getting into the cracks around the window, or down under the rubber trim. Stick with Glass Sealant on windows.

You can use polish on your headlights/taillights, but I would only use it on your glass if you're trying to polish away water spots or deposits. But even then, there are less aggressive methods to try on glass first in those instances.

Also I can tell you from personal experience, avoid plastic or rubber trim with the polisher unless you want to be looking at it for the next several months, or spend good time trying to clean it off your trim.

Edited by Mariner

thank you for your help, ill try to avoid the plastic as much as possible and use vrt 

should i add pain sealant, glaze, wax to the lights?

glaze and wax to the windows and windshield ?

Treat headlights like the rest of the car.

Use glass sealant for a better bond to the glass and better performance. Otherwise you could seal or wax.

Just a thought,  I would not polish the headlights, unless they are oxidized already.  If you polish them you may remove the factory clear coat and if they are in good condition, I always glaze and wax them, to prevent the cloudy, oxidized lights.  Of course we are talking plastic ones not glass.

Just a thought,  I would not polish the headlights, unless they are oxidized already.  If you polish them you may remove the factory clear coat and if they are in good condition, I always glaze and wax them, to prevent the cloudy, oxidized lights.  Of course we are talking plastic ones not glass.

To aren't taking off very much clear and it makes them look better so I always polish seal glaze and wax headlights.