Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wanting to bring my vinyl back to life

MrRaspberryJam

Question

I'm sure this has already been posted numerous times and I've seen the video that everyone always refers me to but it just seems like nothing is working for me. Granted it is a couple years old but shouldn't be looking like this in my opinion (sorry no pictures at time of posting). It's gloss black vinyl all over my roof and spoiler including stripes on hood and trunk. I've heard some fheories about using the swirl killer to buff/polish like you would paint but I don't know what products or pads to use. I have tried using brilliant glaze but only hand applications thus far and no such luck. Just wanted to see if there's any hope for me if anybody can give any input haha I'll try and post pictures tomorrow

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2 answers to this question

Are they matte stripes or glossy stripes? There are completely different approaches.

Matte, I'd try revive hand polish with the blue hex grip pad, and then top with VRT.

Glossy, you could polish with the correcting polish or revive hand polish, and then seal them and brilliant glaze after.

Really need to see the pictures. ::thumbsup:

Edited by Nathan

Are they matte stripes or glossy stripes? There are completely different approaches.

Matte, I'd try revive hand polish with the blue hex grip pad, and then top with VRT.

Glossy, you could polish with the correcting polish or revive hand polish, and then seal them and brilliant glaze after.

Really need to see the pictures. ::thumbsup:

They're glossy stripes. I'm gonna try the correcting polish with the SK tomorrow