Customer Service 866.965.0400

Issues with redirecting com to ca CANADA

Hello everyone, seems that the Adam's website is now redirecting to http://www.adamspolishes.ca/automatically when it sees your from Canada. I can no longer access the .com site.

This is very frustrating as a customer since the Canadian website hasn't been updated with any new products since the release of the ceramatic coating kits...

I always folllow the new products from the .com and contact Dexter for a quote on these new products it was a pain but at least I was up to date with product releases.

I tested this on my iPad and iPhone with the same results can someone else try?

Thanks

This is a long shot but did you try turning off location services in settings? I don't know if it still tracks your country with that off..?

Settings -> Privicy -> Location Services -> Safari

This is a long shot but did you try turning off location services in settings? I don't know if it still tracks your country with that off..?

Settings -> Privicy -> Location Services -> Safari

Checked and it's off

What if you don't click a direct link to Adamspolishes.com , but a link for something else like a product?

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-ultra-plush-drying-towel.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1.html

You could also try looking into an Adams dealer, mint condition care care seems to have the new products.

We're currently having issues with the Canadian adamspolishes.ca website. Web developers are aware of them and we're working as quickly as possibly to get things back to normal, but I do not have an ETA for when the site will be back up.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We're currently having issues with the Canadian adamspolishes.ca website. Web developers are aware of them and we're working as quickly as possibly to get things back to normal, but I do not have an ETA for when the site will be back up.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for confirming

Not to throw a curve ball out there, but have you tried to use a proxy anonymizer site to redirect and avoid the country DNS redirect?

http://crownproxy.com/browse.php?u=x%2BnvVJ4U775ZhSCaaGDtxcZVQRI%3D&b=29&f=norefer  

The link above goes to Adams US site, or just use the following to go to the root of the proxy site:

http://crownproxy.com

If you Google "crown proxy" you will see some additional info on the site as well without going to it.

Something like that will use an anonymous proxy in the USA to go to another site.. note.. DO NOT click on any other links from these sites as they tend to be "shady" at times.  (I work for a very large anti-virus company that also sells internet gateway proxies and security devices)  While this site has a threat risk score of 7/10, it does not have any known malware on it based of our research engineering team.  I would not use this site on a work computer if you company does URL filtering as it may set off some alarms with HR that you are trying to use a proxy avoidance site....

I did email Dexter the other day about the warnings coming off the Canadian site as well and he informed me that his IT group was working on it too.

I hope this fixed fast. After a long winter I was looking foward to detailing my truck this weekend.

I won't buy from a site with malware warnings on any device.

Worst part, I live in Winnipeg ( same location as CA. dist. ) and can't physically pick up any more.

.....I truly hope the redirect is not permanent. The Canadian site is subpar at best on all levels and 

would probably have to look at other products if my choice of where I want to spend my money is taken away.

......FYI, just found out the .ca is infected with a Ramnit virus. Be careful

Edited by CaptainMidnight

I still haven't had any luck getting on to the US site. Please let us Canadian folks choose which site we want to visit!! I often prefer to send items to my US mailbox - and the online discount codes aren't valid on the Canadian site.

I still haven't had any luck getting on to the US site. Please let us Canadian folks choose which site we want to visit!! I often prefer to send items to my US mailbox - and the online discount codes aren't valid on the Canadian site.

Matt is going to speak with the website developers this evening to see how we can implement this option of selecting whether you want to access the US site or the Canadian site, and we will do our best to make this a reality Courtney.

For everyone, again we do apologize for the delays, inconvenience, and growing pains as we're getting the new Canadian website fully up and running.

Is Dexter still involved with Adam's out of the Winnipeg area? I have emailed him as recently as the end of April, now his email is disconnected. His site is gone. Only site I can get is the new Canadian site with no USA one as others have mentioned. Looking at purchasing over $500 of product and ground shipping is a crazy $145.00. It use to be free and overnight from Dexter. Anyone with some answers? Are all of the products now being shipped to Canada direct from Adam's in the states?

Is Dexter still involved with Adam's out of the Winnipeg area? I have emailed him as recently as the end of April, now his email is disconnected. His site is gone. Only site I can get is the new Canadian site with no USA one as others have mentioned. Looking at purchasing over $500 of product and ground shipping is a crazy $145.00. It use to be free and overnight from Dexter. Anyone with some answers? Are all of the products now being shipped to Canada direct from Adam's in the states?

Hi Curtis, I do apologize. Our Canadian site was compromised, so we had to start from scratch with the site - this unfortunately means that Dexter lost access to his current Adams email address. He can be reached at least temporarily at adampolishes @ mts dot net (remove the spaces and the dot, I did that for spammers trying to grab the email).

At this current time, we are fulfilling Canadian orders from adamspolishes.ca through our U.S. headquarters, and there should be a $35 USD (approx CAD $47) flat rate shipping option enabled for orders over $100.

As we continue to finalize things with the new Canadian website, we hope that we can resolve and improve shipping fees, and we do certainly apologize for the inconvenience during these growing pains.

I am going to be on travel this entire weekend starting in about 30 minutes for the Grabiak Detail Clinic and then the Import and Performance Nationals at Carlsile, so for any additional questions or issues regarding the new Canadian site, please send us an email to orders @ adamspolishes.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Hi Curtis, I do apologize. Our Canadian site was compromised, so we had to start from scratch with the site - this unfortunately means that Dexter lost access to his current Adams email address. He can be reached at least temporarily at adampolishes @ mts dot net (remove the spaces and the dot, I did that for spammers trying to grab the email).

At this current time, we are fulfilling Canadian orders from adamspolishes.ca through our U.S. headquarters, and there should be a $35 USD (approx CAD $47) flat rate shipping option enabled for orders over $100.

As we continue to finalize things with the new Canadian website, we hope that we can resolve and improve shipping fees, and we do certainly apologize for the inconvenience during these growing pains.

I am going to be on travel this entire weekend starting in about 30 minutes for the Grabiak Detail Clinic and then the Import and Performance Nationals at Carlsile, so for any additional questions or issues regarding the new Canadian site, please send us an email to orders @ adamspolishes.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Thanks Dan,

It would be great if Adams would step up and be more proactive here. As a Canadian effected by this, I personally feel like Adams has dropped the ball here. Especially when we are hearing about the site being compromised. What was compromised? What data was compromised? Has anything been stolen? 

The silence around this issue from the Adams team, and how the team is responding to the issues has been quite disturbing. 

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

One quick question on this Dan.. while shipping from the US with the flat rate is cool, whenever I have placed orders from the US site, I get killed with Duty and Brokerage fee's, usually an additional $60+ afterwards payable to FedEx.  While I know this is beyond your control, it's also the reason I look for a dealer here in Canada to avoid the additional costs.  Do you know if you will be shipping to Dexter then forwarded to the end user to avoid the end user paying the additional fees?  If you don't know that's cool, the other CDN dealer I have used has been very good so far, just miss getting stickers and mints.  :)