Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you store/carry your tools and supplies?

vollychief

Question

How do you carry and or store your tools and supplies? 

The reason I ask is I am taking my stuff up to the firehouse to work on the trucks.  I don't want to keep it there for fear of it walking off.  

I bought two 12 gallon HDX storage totes from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-Gal-Flat-Lid-Tough-Tote-206100/207207157   Unfortunately, they are not deep enough for the 32 oz. spray bottles (not an Adam's product, sorry)  If I go to a deeper tote, then it is bigger than I want and won't necessarily fill up the whole tote which would leave the spray bottles rolling around.  

Or would it be easier to go to the 16 oz. spray bottles? 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

Edited by vollychief

13 answers to this question

The reason I ask is I am taking my stuff up to the firehouse to work on the trucks. I don't want to keep it there for fear of it walking off.

I bought two 12 gallon HDX storage totes from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-Gal-Flat-Lid-Tough-Tote-206100/207207157 Unfortunately, they are not deep enough for the spray bottles (not an Adam's product, sorry) If I go to a deeper tote, then it is bigger than I want and won't necessarily fill up the whole tote which would leave the spray bottles rolling around.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Just find a bag that will fit in, like a plastic bag from the grocery store. Another consideration is could you put them into a bottle that would fit into the container. Edited by SumBeach35

Without knowing whether this is a regular need for you or not, but I recently had to take all my supplies to my brothers house.  We had a detailing party but that is a conversation for another day.

With that said, I used totes similar to what you pictured for all my tools, towels, applicators, etc.  As for the chemicals (16 oz. and 32 oz) I just purchased a couple of extra white buckets from Home Depots Paint Department and carried all chemicals in them. 

They fit great, were easy to carry and I did not have to worry about spilling.  This reserved my wash buckets as such so I kept the bottles in the 'storage' buckets the whole time

While this may not be a great approach for something you do on a regular basis, it was perfect for the few times I needed to transport my stuff.

Just a thought.

Lost of 16 oz. bottles fit in an Adam's bucket. spin on the Gamma Seal lid for more 'protection' (you can probably get a Grit Guard in the top of the bucket.  I have 4 Sterilite 15 qt. storage bins for towels, a 66 qt Sterilite bin for polishes, a large Adam's bag for Sealants, waxes,  and coatings, a 24 litre Really Use Box for my pads, and a tool bag for my Rupes MKII 15 & Mini.  Plus extra buckets, a couple of fabric shopping bags for 'work' MF and terry towels, a work platform, a folding table, and, of course, my TailBone creeper. 

When I wash my vehicles at the Firehouse, I bring my 2 buckets with the brushes inside of one, foam gun in another, a Rubbermaid tub for towels and everything chemical wise stored in an old Adam's Americana Bag.

Its a lot to bring with but its everything I need.

I would NEVER keep my stuff at the station because I know it will walk away.

Every so often you can find a bag on here for sale. I had 3 at one point and sold 2 but I plan on keeping my last one.

Honestly, buckets, bags, whatever works for you. I use the older large Adams bag and the Cyclo storage bag along with buckets and some towel bins. 

I remember a thread on here a while back about this same topic and some tool bags seemed to be popular as well. 

Remember, the only limit is what you can afford to buy.