Customer Service 866.965.0400

Here's a video I made on my wash technique

Greg from GA

Question

22 answers to this question

Thanks for the kind words.  

Regarding the foam: the pressure waster is 2700 PSI 2.4 GPM - just the Home Depot Homelite model using a Honda GCV 160.  I also use a larger 3/8" hose but i do not know if that helps.  For the foam cannon, I use 700 ml of warm water and 300 ml of Adams Car Shampoo.

Thanks for the kind words.  

Regarding the foam: the pressure waster is 2700 PSI 2.4 GPM - just the Home Depot Homelite model using a Honda GCV 160.  I also use a larger 3/8" hose but i do not know if that helps.  For the foam cannon, I use 700 ml of warm water and 300 ml of Adams Car Shampoo.

10 oz of car shampoo! That's crazy!! But it looks like it foams well!

Okay, hold on. My cannon bottle has unit markings on it that I just assumed were ml and oh crap I just checked and they are. You guys did the math but I am not a soap millionaire! To be honest I usually use 800 ml warm water and 200 ml soap but I used extra on the video to make it extra foamy. It comes down to about 8-10 pumps of the Adam's pump mounted on my gallon container. Plus remember the part I do not use from the cannon ends up in the wash pad bucket so no waste. And furthermore, the remaining washpad bucket water is used for wheel and tire bucket for the next wash - circle of life.

Edit - /frugalmodeon  1 gallon = 3785 ml thus 200 ml per wash = 18.79 washes / gallon which is  $1.67 per wash (assuming 31.50 / gallon which is list - 10%).  I can wash proud with that amount of soap.

Edited by greglege

That was a pretty good video. I do suggest moving the pressure washer. If you are wanting to get more into this, I would definitely suggest getting a mic so we can hear you better. Other than that everything seemed Good! The only thing I would personally change is using the drying towel with detail spray on a dry car. I've seen people do it and it works fine but my truck has soft paint. I always just get a single soft and detail spray.

You've got to pay to play with the big boys Nate!

Yeah I normally use 5-6 oz but 10!

Okay, hold on. My cannon bottle has unit markings on it that I just assumed were ml and oh crap I just checked and they are. You guys did the math but I am not a soap millionaire! To be honest I usually use 800 ml warm water and 200 ml soap but I used extra on the video to make it extra foamy. It comes down to about 8-10 pumps of the Adam's pump mounted on my gallon container. Plus remember the part I do not use from the cannon ends up in the wash pad bucket so no waste. And furthermore, the remaining washpad bucket water is used for wheel and tire bucket for the next wash - circle of life.

Edit - /frugalmodeon  1 gallon = 3785 ml thus 200 ml per wash = 18.79 washes / gallon which is  $1.67 per wash (assuming 31.50 / gallon which is list - 10%).  I can wash proud with that amount of soap.

That makes more sense!

Nice routine. What kind of gloves are you using? Are they water proof and cut resistant? Would like something like this to avoid exposing skin to chemicals and better protection against cuts when cleaning around wheels.

Nice routine. What kind of gloves are you using? Are they water proof and cut resistant? Would like something like this to avoid exposing skin to chemicals and better protection against cuts when cleaning around wheels.

I saw Larry from AMMO NYC mention those gloves on his detailing videos so I tried them out.  I am pretty klutzy and afraid to drop stuff on my car, especially in the suds.  The gloves are described as:

• Max Fit polymer coating with Never Slip technology
  • Superior dexterity and incredible breathability
  • Great for plumbing, oil changes & wet surface jobs

I agree that they provide a great grip.  They are a rubber coated mesh so they are not going to do much from chemicals coming in from the back part of the glove.

In addition to being a klutz, I too seem to bleed every time I work on something.  This definitely helped minimize that.

The only thing I would personally change is using the drying towel with detail spray on a dry car. I've seen people do it and it works fine but my truck has soft paint. I always just get a single soft and detail spray.

This is very true.  I had to stop and think about how I ended up here.  The Master Blaster is a new addition for me.  I used to spray Adams detail spray on my wet car and dry it from there.  I guess my using a drying towel is carry over from that.  However I completely understand what you are saying.  I have Adams double and triple softs for polishing that I'll start using for this step.  Thanks for pointing that out as it never really occurred to me and once I read it I totally agree.

Edited by greglege

So, I may have missed it in the video...but I'm guessing you'd already done the wheels, tires and wheel wells?  

Yep - Tires and Wheels were not in this video and previously detailed - Adams All Purpose Cleaner on the tires and Adams Wheel Cleaner on the painted wheels.  For this car, the wheel wells are those weird felt looking things so I just spray them off.

Edited by Greg from GA

I saw Larry from AMMO NYC mention those gloves on his detailing videos so I tried them out.  I am pretty klutzy and afraid to drop stuff on my car, especially in the suds.  The gloves are described as:

• Max Fit polymer coating with Never Slip technology
  • Superior dexterity and incredible breathability
  • Great for plumbing, oil changes & wet surface jobs

I agree that they provide a great grip.  They are a rubber coated mesh so they are not going to do much from chemicals coming in from the back part of the glove.

In addition to being a klutz, I too seem to bleed every time I work on something.  This definitely helped minimize that.

Where did you buy the gloves, I've seen him wear them too.