Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from NY!

Last_cast

​Welcome Chris!

​Already mentioned but the videos here on the Adam's site, and on YouTube will show you the best products and products used to make your vehicle look it best.

​A lot of good people and information here to read as well!

:welcomebanner: 

Thanks everyone! I'm looking to pick up a sk..any pointers? It'll be my first time. Evo needs some paint correction

When correcting apply 3-5 pounds of pressure, make a mark on your backing plate so you know how fast the pad is spinning, it shouldn't be moving very fast.

Go in a cross hatch pattern and don't go too fast, if you go really slow just check the panel to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Adams has a great video series on their YouTube channel called the Paint Correction Series, I would recommend checking it out!

If the correcting polish isn't cutting it for you, get the microfiber pad and heavy compound, try that, if you use it though you need to follow with the correcting polish because the compound will leave hazing behind. And if you do buy the compound with the microfiber pad, you will want to get the pad conditioning brush, because the microfiber will easily become pushed down and won't work as good.

Remember cord always over the shoulder and to mist the pad with Detail Spray! :thumbsup:

When correcting apply 3-5 pounds of pressure, make a mark on your backing plate so you know how fast the pad is spinning, it shouldn't be moving very fast.

Go in a cross hatch pattern and don't go too fast, if you go really slow just check the panel to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Adams has a great video series on their YouTube channel called the Paint Correction Series, I would recommend checking it out!

If the correcting polish isn't cutting it for you, get the microfiber pad and heavy compound, try that, if you use it though you need to follow with the correcting polish because the compound will leave hazing behind. And if you do buy the compound with the microfiber pad, you will want to get the pad conditioning brush, because the microfiber will easily become pushed down and won't work as good.

Remember cord always over the shoulder and to mist the pad with Detail Spray! :thumbsup:

Thanks! 

appreciate it!

Also, would it get rid of visible scratches?

They aren't too deep.

Also, would it get rid of visible scratches?

They aren't too deep.

Do they grab your fingernail? How much just a little? Sometimes if they are deep you need to wet sand. But usually compound and polish will make it look a lot better. You could also look into Adams rotary drill attachment.

Do they grab your fingernail? How much just a little? Sometimes if they are deep you need to wet sand. But usually compound and polish will make it look a lot better. You could also look into Adams rotary drill attachment.

I mean they're not crazy. I'll try to take some pictures!

I mean they're not crazy. I'll try to take some pictures!

Then you should be able to make them a lot less noticeable! Remember, if you hold the polisher in one spot make sure you check the panned heat! :thumbsup:

Then you should be able to make them a lot less noticeable! Remember, if you hold the polisher in one spot make sure you check the panned heat! :thumbsup:

What would be the best time to check and how would I know when it's too much?

What would be the best time to check and how would I know when it's too much?

I wouldn't hold the polisher on a spot for more than 5 seconds, then check the heat, do a different spot, and then keep going on the first spot.

Eventually you will need to be happy with the spot unless you want to use touch up paint and wet sand.

I wouldn't hold the polisher on a spot for more than 5 seconds, then check the heat, do a different spot, and then keep going on the first spot.

Eventually you will need to be happy with the spot unless you want to use touch up paint and wet sand.

Cool, thanks.

Also if I do use touch up paint, is there anyway I can smooth it out with a polisher?

Cool, thanks.

Also if I do use touch up paint, is there anyway I can smooth it out with a polisher?

If you use touch up paint you need to wet sand after to make it smooth to the rest of the car and to make it look good, then you polish to remove the hazing.

I would watch this video, lots of good info there. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xi3xmeO6C4&ebc=ANyPxKqTdxMa4HmV3fTUfTXK5aAFsyAVYnKLYn3AaF7Gj8uw7DirgdevbhXzXztrMDWMjdWNLb_eDA3-ug2N7LW3QogSeCbrkg

If you use touch up paint you need to wet sand after to make it smooth to the rest of the car and to make it look good, then you polish to remove the hazing.

I would watch this video, lots of good info there.

Sweet thanks