Customer Service 866.965.0400

HELP! Wasp in my engine

Chadley

So I just got my grandfather's 1985 Cadillac and it's been neglected so I'm anxious to start restoring it.

I noticed a couple wasp flying in and out of the grill. So I poked around and so far I have removed 5 small nest but it seems like I'm getting more wasp. I have black wasp, red wasp, and yellow one that I can't tell if they are paper wasp or yellow jackets.

So I read that I should cover the car with plastic and set off a bug bomb.

I cover the car with plastic and I'm ready - but wait the can says not to use in small spaces or under tables as it may explode.

Should I be concerned setting this under my engine compartment?

HELP!!!!

Are you going to work on it in the location the wasp's began building their nests?

If not, drive the car to the location you'll be working on it and let the engine bay get hot.

You should be fine.

I just moved the car from Austin to Houston. It was in my cousins back yard and now it is in the parking at my shop.

The car hasn't been started since 2011 so I need to drop the tank, replace the fuel, I put a new battery in but it was drained over night so I need to check the wiring and replace a few hoses before I can run the car to get the engine bay hot.

1 owner car - all original , 91K miles. Needs some TLC and cosmetic work. 

Keep the car tented for 2 days. It was really windy and the bigest pi$$ed off red wasp I've ever seen escaped the plastic but I was able to kill it.

Oddly enough there were no dead bodies when I removed the plastic. I have seen a couple black wasp flying around. So I'm still undecided if it worked or if the wasp are just laying low. Not brave enough to go looking under the hood yet.

Go under the car and shoot some water up there, that will find them quickly. 

Also remember the old bee keepers trick, lots of smoke will calm them, also the colder it is the slower they are. 

When in doubt, yup use the Tommy Boy routine, works every time. 

Go under the car and shoot some water up there, that will find them quickly.

Also remember the old bee keepers trick, lots of smoke will calm them, also the colder it is the slower they are.

When in doubt, yup use the Tommy Boy routine, works every time.

I would get a sprinkler and turn it on from far away