Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Cleaner for paint decon.

wwizard10

Question

Hello good afternoon,

I recently got into detailing, I've been washing my car and take good care of her, the other day i decided to do the baggy test and i started wondering If i have been washing my car with sand paper lol its very rough. Then i noticed rock chips so I decided to touch up the paint, and well i wanted to do it on a healthy paint.

I have a question that might sound well, not very smart but Im a total noob. Im sure i need to decon my paint, I've been reading the forums and I can see that this is not exclusive for white pant (Iron contamination/rail dust etc) but all the pictures and videos I have seen so far is for white cars/trucks is this because it shows the effect better on white paint or its because I should not be using this on darker paints? My car is a metallic blue with aluminum wheels. 

(The attached picture its just to show the color)

Thank you very much.

post-16006-0-27684700-1494537818_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Your car is rough so it needs claying. Claying will remove bonded contaminates. I don't think a decon spray would help very much but it wouldn't hurt. It is more common on white cars.

I would strip wash or wash normally with 1-2 oz APC added. Then I would use the decon, then clay.

Don't let the wheel cleaner dry on the car!

You could also dilute it 1:1 if you want to be safer, and save product.

Edited by Nathan

Adams products work on all colors..im confused by what you're asking. Lol.

A iron decon is used to remove this type of stuff, common on white cars. Adams wheel cleaner can be used as an iron decontamination, instead of buying a different product.

post-15489-0-86464900-1494538338_thumb.jpg

It's useful on all cars. Just because you can't see it as well doesn't make it not applicable. I would wash using car shampoo and 2 oz of all purpose cleaner and then spray down with 1:1 diluted wheel cleaner. Let it dwell for 2-3 minutes but do not let it dry on the surface. Agitate with a wash pad or mitt that I would dedicate, if possible, to that job then rinse thoroughly.

My through process is that I would rather remove as many bonded contaminates before using the clay. In my opinion, this will extend the life of the clay.

Edited by SumBeach35

Oh my, this is common in all cars, you just notice on white cars because it's visible..

That sumbeach above has nailed it perfectly on how to prepare your car for full decontamination and to save your clay to get more uses out of your clay bar.

Rock on sumbeach!

A iron decon is used to remove this type of stuff, common on white cars. Adams wheel cleaner can be used as an iron decontamination, instead of buying a different product.

attachicon.gifIMG_1254.JPG

Your car is rough so it needs claying. Claying will remove bonded contaminates. I don't think a decon spray would help very much but it wouldn't hurt. It is more common on white cars.

I would strip wash or wash normally with 1-2 oz APC added. Then I would use the decon, then clay.

Don't let the wheel cleaner dry on the car!

You could also dilute it 1:1 if you want to be safer, and save product.

using an iron removing regiment like dwc and water at a 1:1 ratio is a chemical decontaminating process

using clay or clay alternative is a mechanical decontaminating process

using the chemical process first will aid in the second step of the mechanical process

industrial fallout, brake dust, etc is not color specific. 

just because you see it on white better doesn't mean its any less common on a darker vehicle.  it just shows better on white

using an iron removing regiment like dwc and water at a 1:1 ratio is a chemical decontaminating process

using clay or clay alternative is a mechanical decontaminating process

using the chemical process first will aid in the second step of the mechanical process

industrial fallout, brake dust, etc is not color specific. 

just because you see it on white better doesn't mean its any less common on a darker vehicle.  it just shows better on white

I meant that it is seen on white cars lot more. And the wheel cleaner works just as well not diluted.

I meant that it is seen on white cars lot more. And the wheel cleaner works just as well not diluted.

If thats what you meant then thats what you should have said.

Your posts could confuse someone that is looking to perform

a chemical decon and assume that because their vehicle is not

white then they won't benefit when they actually can.

to clarify my statements:

Diluting the pink Deep wheel cleaner 1:1 is standard practice

Not sure 100% on the new blue wheel cleaner but i would think you

wouldd want to as well. 

Less = More