Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Rinseless Wash

Mariner

I'm a huge fan of the old fashioned, two bucket wash but sometimes there's just no time for it. My 4Runner sits for 3 weeks in a parking lot while I'm away at work, so the dust and pollen build up is horrible.

It's supposed to rain later so I wanted to try a Rinseless Wash. I had to promise to take my wife out for a burger later to get her to help... even though she loves to help lol, she just figured she could get something out of it knowing how much it was bothering me that my car looked like crap :(

Anyways, it took me 7 or 8 double softs, and using the eight sides to a towel, was able to give her a decent wash. This method is so EASY. I still love the two bucket wash but I will definitely be reverting to this method when time is tight.

It was able to cut through the pollen and dust easily with enough lubrication, and my wife followed up behind me with the new giant dry towel. Her only complaint is that it is extremely large and difficult to handle, but on the other hand, it dried the whole SUV with towel to spare.

Anyways, A+ for the Rinseless wash! And it only cost me 2 ounces of Rinseless and a couple of burgers later :)

I keep a bucket of rinseless with the gamma seal on it in the garage.  I wipe the car down -regularly- since it is handy and so easy.  I have two sets of towels (my car is small), I used 4 each time and rotate them.  It really is easy and only takes a few minutes to wash the car off and dry it (with a master blaster).  You've got a bigger challenge with the 4 Runner (MUCH BIGGER), that's a lot of towels!

I used to leave my car (not the vette) at an airport park and ride and yeah, the dirt/dust was crazy after only 1 week.  I can't imagine 3.  I just take ride share services to the airport now.  

Also, the price of a burger is a small fee for an assistant.  Apprentice Shine Technicians (gotta be an acronym friendly name there somewhere) are hard to find, and even harder to keep!

Apprentice Shine Subordinates?

Yes, Rinseless is definitely an awesome technique. I may be able to use less towels when the SUV isn't so filthy.. I'll try it again later this coming week. I feel it'll be a good method for wipe down after being out in the rain, instead of simply Waterless.

But I agree,the price of a burger is a small fee! I'll take it any day of the week :)

Edited by Mariner

If you add a 2nd towel to the mix you can easily dry the vehicle with a Waterless Wash towel.  Take one of the wash towels and soak it in the wash bucket, then wring it out.  After you wash the panel, wipe the area again with the damp towel to soak up the extra moisture.  Then spritz the area with DS and dry the area with the Waterless Wash towel.  

If you add a 2nd towel to the mix you can easily dry the vehicle with a Waterless Wash towel. Take one of the wash towels and soak it in the wash bucket, then wring it out. After you wash the panel, wipe the area again with the damp towel to soak up the extra moisture. Then spritz the area with DS and dry the area with the Waterless Wash towel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give it a shot the next time around for sure!

I'm a huge fan of the old fashioned, two bucket wash but sometimes there's just no time for it. My 4Runner sits for 3 weeks in a parking lot while I'm away at work, so the dust and pollen build up is horrible.

It's supposed to rain later so I wanted to try a Rinseless Wash. I had to promise to take my wife out for a burger later to get her to help... even though she loves to help lol, she just figured she could get something out of it knowing how much it was bothering me that my car looked like crap :(

Anyways, it took me 7 or 8 double softs, and using the eight sides to a towel, was able to give her a decent wash. This method is so EASY. I still love the two bucket wash but I will definitely be reverting to this method when time is tight.

It was able to cut through the pollen and dust easily with enough lubrication, and my wife followed up behind me with the new giant dry towel. Her only complaint is that it is extremely large and difficult to handle, but on the other hand, it dried the whole SUV with towel to spare.

Anyways, A+ for the Rinseless wash! And it only cost me 2 ounces of Rinseless and a couple of burgers later :)

Agreed with your thoughts on the Rinseless process, Dustin.

And I wouldn't worry too much about how much RW you're using. I have it on pretty good authority there might just be an Adam's box at the HQ with your name on it. ;)

Agreed with your thoughts on the Rinseless process, Dustin.

And I wouldn't worry too much about how much RW you're using. I have it on pretty good authority there might just be an Adam's box at the HQ with your name on it. ;)

Haha thanks Chris!