Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Washing Menu/Pricing

Ekim716

Hey all, figured I'd ask fellow Adams users on what they charge for washes, full blown detailing, and everything in between. Like many of you, I wash friends and family cars occasionally and the amount of product does add up.. I was wondering what you guys are charging? 

I would like to start detailing more regularly and be more consistent on how things should cost. Earning some profit but mainly covering the cost of the product is my main concern. 

You should look what other detailers around your area are charging. For just a wash my area charges about $20 and then $30 for trucks, but that is probably different in your area.

I usually charge my family product cost and then they end up paying me full price even though I don't ask for it haha!

Edited by Nathan

I have tried to stick to only friends and family for my enjoyment, not to make money or get rich. 

I have been asked several times how much I want, and quite often its jsut enjoyment for me as I dont have to be as critical as usual and can really relax doing it. When people push, I dont always ask for money, a lot of my friends its just "Hey lets get a couple cold ones and were even" for other family I have said take my wife and I to dinner with you some night. I have one aunt who doesnt ask anymore, she just  bakes me the cookies lol....yup they are good! Some days I just hear of them having a bad week and show up to wash a car because I feel like trying to make someones day a bit brighter. 

Again for me its not about the money, and in reality you get it back just not in cash. 

Now if you want to be cruel about it (Yup ive done this), just clean one fender of their car or HALF the windshield for free, Its fun watching the reactions especially if you dont tell them you did it. Yes my friends and I can be cruel to each other lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this post lol, I like the end sentence of you washing one part of the car. I also do the same thing but I like to do it to one front rim because they wil usually pop and make a statement lol I also dress the tire to make sure they notice I've been watching lol.

I have tried to stick to only friends and family for my enjoyment, not to make money or get rich. 

I have been asked several times how much I want, and quite often its jsut enjoyment for me as I dont have to be as critical as usual and can really relax doing it. When people push, I dont always ask for money, a lot of my friends its just "Hey lets get a couple cold ones and were even" for other family I have said take my wife and I to dinner with you some night. I have one aunt who doesnt ask anymore, she just  bakes me the cookies lol....yup they are good! Some days I just hear of them having a bad week and show up to wash a car because I feel like trying to make someones day a bit brighter. 

Again for me its not about the money, and in reality you get it back just not in cash. 

Now if you want to be cruel about it (Yup ive done this), just clean one fender of their car or HALF the windshield for free, Its fun watching the reactions especially if you dont tell them you did it. Yes my friends and I can be cruel to each other lol.

Nathan, it's all in the art of negotiation. Here I get $40.00 plus depending what needs to be done. I also leave the car/truck thoroughly clean in and out. I don't like to nickel and dime my customers for petty items, for example a small stain on the carpet I will clean up, that way on detail days I get my job done faster. Many of my customer have been with me for years and some have moved to other states, luckily I'll fly in and detail their cars and trucks and stay the weekend.

When I get new customers and they balk at the price sometimes I offer a satisfaction guarantee wash if they don't like it don't pay me and go your merry way and don't bother me again. I put my self through culinary school and college detailing cars. If you remember I told you a while back don't sell your self short, shorty! You can charge what ever you want as long as you master your craft and bring good end results to the table.

Wow! It's nothing near that around me!

For just a wash and dry. I charge 20-30 depending on the size of the car or truck. Wash and wax is 60-80 depending on size. Any interior cleaning is 40-50 because I hate it lol. And that's if it just needs a typical vacuum, wipe down and I'll condition the seats and dash depending on the material.

I've detailed as a hobby for years and would just charge by the time it would take me to do it, sense i've started using Adam's I have been trying to do more business. I started out cheap around 60 for a full interior and exterior. I had a ton of customers at that price so I increased it to 125 for a full interior and exterior. A very rough estimate is 10 dollars of product on every detail. I have about 4 customers every week at that price and that keeps me pretty busy. I'm in Idaho so I only do it when the weather is nice.  My closest competitor (also friend) charges 175 for the similar package. He also does it as a full time job. My higher end competitors charge 300 for the similar package. I also guarantee every detail. I will make it right if they are not satisfied! I've never had an unhappy customer. They are only upset with the price, but they they don't understand the effort that is put in for a high quality detail! Good luck with your business.

Edited by dabellg

I've detailed as a hobby for years and would just charge by the time it would take me to do it, sense i've started using Adam's I have been trying to do more business. I started out cheap around 60 for a full interior and exterior. I had a ton of customers at that price so I increased it to 125 for a full interior and exterior. A very rough estimate is 10 dollars of product on every detail. I have about 4 customers every week at that price and that keeps me pretty busy. I'm in Idaho so I only do it when the weather is nice.  My closest competitor (also friend) charges 175 for the similar package. He also does it as a full time job. My higher end competitors charge 300 for the similar package. I also guarantee every detail. I will make it right if they are not satisfied! I've never had an unhappy customer. They are only upset with the price, but they they don't understand the effort that is put in for a high quality detail! Good luck with your business.

You are charging way to cheap in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking what exactly do you include in your full interior and exterior detail? Wash? Clay? Sealant? Wax?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fired most of my regulars for being cheap, I also schooled them about quality vs quantity and if they came back I would charge them even more for me fixing other car washers mistakes. I'm very generous and don't nickel and dime people and I use great products, some just don't understand or have a clue to reality.

I won't wash anything for less than $30. I usually average around 35-45 for basic exterior wash and interior cleaning. I also try to keep regular customers.