Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Boost ???

My XLR is well waxed with Patriot, but a few weeks ago I topped it with Ceramic Boost with no ill effects. It seemed to give the paint (blue steel) more depth and gloss, plus the amazing hydrophobic properties.

My XLR is well waxed with Patriot, but a few weeks ago I topped it with Ceramic Boost with no ill effects. It seemed to give the paint (blue steel) more depth and gloss, plus the amazing hydrophobic properties.

Very cool!! Does it go on and buff easily?

I just checked the website and video too. For some reason I always overlooked this product because hey, I dont have a ceramic coating. Haha. But as it seems, I need to place another order.

Yes, it can be used as a standalone sealant (silica based), and yes, it goes on and off easily with a couple MF towels. I talked with Dan(@Adams) recently and he confirmed this can even take the place of HGG, if you so choose. Smells like pistachio, by the way.

Also don't overspray any glass. It's difficult to remove.

I personally preferred Gloss and Guard over the Boost. I didn't get and longer lasting results or better gloss on my silver truck from it. With G&G I could use it on everything including the glass which works great with rain.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Agree with the last two replies.  Boost is most certainly NOT Detail Spray or Waterless.  It requires attention while using it.  Not saying it's not an awesome product.  It  has a job to do...and I'd rather sacrifice usability to have it do it's job.

Also a true statement about getting on glass.  My fault, I wasn't careful or worried about glass or overspray since I was going the whole car 24 hours after coating.  I have never ever ever had my glass streak using Adams glass cleaner...until trying to clean Boost overspray off.  I bet I cleaned my windows four times that day trying to get it  perfect.  Oh well.  

Note this is not a complaint...just information on the product. 

Edited by galaxy

Good information, thanks folks!! 1 more question...can boost or H2O GG, be used as a base layer?

I ask because I dont have LPS, just waxes. And I know GG wont bond well with wax.

Wondering if I could possibly use GG as a base with wax over it?

Good information, thanks folks!! 1 more question...can boost or H2O GG, be used as a base layer?

I ask because I dont have LPS, just waxes. And I know GG wont bond well with wax.

H20 Guard and Ceramic Boost can both be used as your sealant.

For example, H20 Guard, then buttery wax.

Yes, both can be used as a base layer. However...just know neither the Ceramic Boost nor the HGG, nor the waxes you have, for that matter, will last nearly as long as the PS. If this is your daily, I'd highly recommend you get the PS and apply it to your car. Then, use the HGG or Ceramic Boost as a...boost!...to your sealant.

For layering questions, and even more information on waxes vs. sealants vs. coatings, read this (awesome!) thread. Should tell you most of what you need to know. If not, ask more questions!

Yes, both can be used as a base layer. However...just know neither the Ceramic Boost nor the HGG, nor the waxes you have, for that matter, will last nearly as long as the PS. If this is your daily, I'd highly recommend you get the PS and apply it to your car. Then, use the HGG or Ceramic Boost as a...boost!...to your sealant.

For layering questions, and even more information on waxes vs. sealants vs. coatings, read this (awesome!) thread. Should tell you most of what you need to know. If not, ask more questions!

I second the paint sealant, it provides better and longer lasting protection! Edited by Nathan

+3 Chris by the way what if my daily driver is waxed weekly or bi weekly, I'm not worried about build up, because I do a strip once a month?