Customer Service 866.965.0400

Amazing cake!!  The movie was Beetlejuice though.  You have some real talent there girl!  My wife made blueberry muffins yesterday and they exploded.  I just spent a half hour scraping the remains off the sides of the oven.  I can't imagine what a cake would look like if she made it.   :lolsmack:

• 3 months later...

I completely forgot to get a picture on Sunday, entirely my fault.  The Roush Mustang I had did a while back stopped by Sunday morning for a touch up.  Next thing I knew my daughter, the chef, and her husband showed up, they pulled out the Weber and start cooking breakfast.  I am never going to complain when they are doing the cooking.

Tortillas with a Fried Egg, Chorizo and Bacon.   The daughter also made some kind of sauce with fresh Avocado, Lime and I'm not sure what else.  What a way to socially distance in the garage and driveway while enjoying a good Brunch while getting to shine up a Roush Mustang.

25 minutes ago, RayS said:

I completely forgot to get a picture on Sunday, entirely my fault.  The Roush Mustang I had did a while back stopped by Sunday morning for a touch up.  Next thing I knew my daughter, the chef, and her husband showed up, they pulled out the Weber and start cooking breakfast.  I am never going to complain when they are doing the cooking.

Tortillas with a Fried Egg, Chorizo and Bacon.   The daughter also made some kind of sauce with fresh Avocado, Lime and I'm not sure what else.  What a way to socially distance in the garage and driveway while enjoying a good Brunch while getting to shine up a Roush Mustang.

Pictures or it doesn't count, Ray. Them's the rules! And yes, I get to make them since I was the inspiration for this thread. 😂😉

I recently started watching Sam the Cooking Guy on YouTube. This guy is very genuine and hilarious while at the same time helping to teach people how to cook. One of his favorite sayings is "Make America Cook Again" 😄

One dish we have really enjoyed is his Teriyaki Chicken on a stick. 

Chicken thighs marinated in a homemade marinade and grilled.

49963838047_4efe1593b8_z.jpg

49963838592_7ef9fd3bd1_z.jpg

I have really learned a lot from his videos and his simple yet effective approach. He does not censor himself very well and his son does a good job of editing, but sometimes they allow some language to fly! 🤪

• 3 weeks later...

I do hope all the Fathers had a wonderful Father's day today.   My two son-in-laws took me out for a round of golf this morning, it started with a perfect 71 degrees for our 7:18 T-Time and was a blistering 93 when we got off the course at about 11:45.   Play was a little slow yet steady.  The best part was watching all the fathers and sons out there together with some little ones as young as about 6.   Everyone sure did seem to be having a good time and doing their necessary social distancing.  The course got the new cups in, so now you ball sits up and you can easily grab it without reaching down into the cup.    The first picture is where we had our morning snack.

The daughters where preparing lunch which consisted of Burgers, mac salad, potato skins, baked beans and for desert grilled pineapple.  I did have to question my Chef daughters education - I'm not sure if the burger is too big or bun too small.  It sure didn't look right to me.  However, looks are not import it is all about the taste and everything was certainly good.   All in a very nice Fathers Day.

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I really expected multiple posts in this thread even though events had to be subdued this year.  My daughter and her husband work at the restaurant all day on the 4th so we held our get together on Sunday.  There was plenty of food with the potatoes, corn on the cob and few other minor items cooked on the grill and all the veggies picked up at the Farmers Market on Friday.  The 24 hour slow cooked molasses baked beans were a real hit and the fresh peach pie the son-in-law made that was pulled out the oven at 6:00 PM, was outstanding.

I didn't get pictures of everything, but here is the appetizer:  

IMG_0764.JPG

The deviled eggs were fantastic and they had a little kick to them.

Here was the main course:

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

The Salmon filet was slow cooked on the grill and had a lemon pepper seasoning along with the fresh garlic cloves.

Edited by RayS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It was an interesting journey to get to this page.  I did a search for the Food Thread and then couldn't advance to the next or the end, I was stuck on page #1.  Knowing my way around these models, I had to alert the URL to insert the page number to get to the end. 

Here is the post of the meal that we had at my daughters house and it wasn't even the Chef's house.   My other daughters mother-in-law decided to make Beef Wellington with rice and zucchuni. As normally happens, I was in charge of the wine and we enjoyed a fabulous meal.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, J.r Maxwell said:

This guy is a chef also making a career change super excited to follow my second passion

I may not be a chef, but I'm still paying for one, although there are less than 6 payments to go.   My daughter is a professional chef with 6 years of school.  We tend to each well when she isn't working.

• 2 months later...

Yesterday the Chef, her husband and I went to the State Farmers market and there was about 10 or different items they got.  Following that we went to a Mexican grocery store and they got Chorizo, Al Pastor, Carne Asada and Chicken and some other items that I have no idea what the name is.

All of the meats were cooked on the grill while the Chef made Sopes in the house and prepared all the other fixings.  Once everything was done you grab one of the Sopes and then you pile on whatever you want and top it with a little Feta and they were fantastic.

Even though she's running two restaurants and we've paid off all her school loans, she's still willing to cook for us on her day off.  I can assure everyone that we do appreciate and enjoy it.

IMG_0948.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hard to believe that we have not posted anything in here since May 2021.  I know that the last year+ has been a bit of a blur, but it is summer and time to get back to having some good food on the grill.

Last night was little Surf & Turf with Filet Mignon and Salmon cooked on the grill.

IMG_1249.jpg

3 hours ago, RayS said:

Hard to believe that we have not posted anything in here since May 2021.  I know that the last year+ has been a bit of a blur, but it is summer and time to get back to having some good food on the grill.

Last night was little Surf & Turf with Filet Mignon and Salmon cooked on the grill.

IMG_1249.jpg

Still waiting for my invite Ray!