Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Stained" Wheel...

vm1971

Question

And mind you, this was MY bad. 

So.. I was using the new WHEEL CLEANER (which i love, its better than ever!!!) and...

i had it on my rim as usual, then ... the hose connection (to the source) literally exploded and started spraying all over the inside of the garage and all over one of the classic SAABs. whoops. 

In my haste, I ran to fix it and stop it, and the wheel cleaner semi-dryed on the rim (which im well aware NOT to do)... in my panic, I had to dump water on it... what a mess. well, it left this "stain" behind which now i cannot get off of the rim. 

Any pointers? this was a FIRST for me, and so stupid. 

I tried to machine polish it off a tad, but didnt get too far because of daylight and other crap.

Help?!

See image of my SS Rim.... the "Stain" is outlined. 

Thanks

post-2549-0-10700000-1495563167_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Hi Vince, sorry about that stain! With a little bit of elbow grease (or a lot) and some Revive Hand Polish with a Blue Hex, you should be able to remove the stain without much trouble!

If that doesn't work, move up to orange Correcting Polish with an orange Hex Grip Applicator. Let us know if that works, thanks!

OK, thanks. That makes sense and I will surely give that a shot. i DID get some off with an orange pad on a 3" polisher... but like i said, i had to bail due to daylight fading...

THANK YOU!

ill post my update with pics!

V

Is it at least the same rim the curb rash?

ha yes. i really did a number on this one, didnt i. from the guy who dresses the interior at red lights. UGH

i know i will be able to get it out by hand... i just have to wait til its not raining and .. the weekend. for the wheel rash, 

i DID find a local place (with a decent site) that im waiting on an answer from.

thanks for asking!!!!

=V=

Hi Vince, sorry about that stain! With a little bit of elbow grease (or a lot) and some Revive Hand Polish with a Blue Hex, you should be able to remove the stain without much trouble!

If that doesn't work, move up to orange Correcting Polish with an orange Hex Grip Applicator. Let us know if that works, thanks!

dude, thank you!!! REVIVE and the blue hex... done in MOMENTS!!! 

post-2549-0-12301400-1495835095_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like it should polish out.  Start with Revive and work your way to more aggressive methods.  You can also try a little clay and see if it will pull any decontamination out. 

YUP!

thank you !!!!!

done in no time flat.

Revive is one of my favorite Adam's products, so little praise for it.

its an older bottle too... and still works whenever i need it!

good stuff!!!