Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishers Polishers Polishers

2012CC6.2

Question

18 answers to this question

Is it just me or every time a new polisher comes out do you have to buy it?

Question then for you, I'm thinking of getting the swirl killer, since you seem to have most, is that the best you've used, in your opinion?

I bought the longneck version mostly for when I am polishing wheels it will make it easier to reach everything with the longneck. This is a multi use tool for me as most of my equipment is. Polishing paint I dont know that it would make any difference if you buy the shortneck or the longneck.

Edited by 2012CC6.2

I responded but forgot to quote it. See above post ????

I REALLY want that IBrid Nano that you have there! I'm seriously debating on whether to buy your version or the L. Do you see the personal need for the L (longer neck)?

I will also be polishing wheels. Factory painted wheels. Ugh! These things scratch just by looking at them. You just reinforced my decision to go ahead and get the Long Neck. It won't effect polishing any painted areas on the car, so there is not a reason to buy the Short version. Good things come with Long Necks (bottles). LOL.

I responded but forgot to quote it. See above post

Ive had the opportunity the past week to put some miles on it and it's no joke I can promise you that. I would say it is a very balanced machine, very little vibration. Very very close to my 21

That new Makita looks like an awesome polisher. It's like a Flex 3401 and Rupes had a baby lol. Forced rotation while isolating, flip the switch and it's a free spinning machine like. Rupes etc... I am very very interested in it

Ive had the opportunity the past week to put some miles on it and it's no joke I can promise you that. I would say it is a very balanced machine, very little vibration. Very very close to my 21

How does it feel in the forced rotation setting. And how well will it finish down?

Alright, I have to ask for anyone that has the experience/knowledge.  I'm debating on getting one of the Rupes Mark2s or a Swirl Killer.  Does anyone have an opinion on if the Rupes is worth the extra $150-$200 over the SK?  I'm hoping to start detailing semi-professionally on the side in the upcoming months if that helps the decision.

Alright, I have to ask for anyone that has the experience/knowledge.  I'm debating on getting one of the Rupes Mark2s or a Swirl Killer.  Does anyone have an opinion on if the Rupes is worth the extra $150-$200 over the SK?  I'm hoping to start detailing semi-professionally on the side in the upcoming months if that helps the decision.

If you're going to do it professionally, get the Rupes.

If you use it often, get the Rupes!

I have used a Rupes mini, and after a bunch of reading on here I would offer this advice. 

It seems that if you are only doing a few corections a year, go with the SK the cost savings can allow you to add more pads and other products to your arsenal. If you are doing a bunch of cars a year I would go for the rupes.