Customer Service 866.965.0400

Elevation...?

vm1971

Question

HI!

well, I dont have a huge work area, and surely dont have a lift to get the car UP a little...

but ... one of the worst aspects of doing my car (any car) is ALL of the low areas all around the car. Back breaking, but ... sometimes i feel like these areas see minor neglect due to how awkward it is to get down there with machines / etc.... even on shop stools. 

is there ANYONE here that knows of and can recommend an easier solution? like, big wedges or unique "ramps" of some (affordable) kind to gain some inches for these areas?

I could have SWORN I saw something while at Carlisle for the Saab stuff... or was I dreaming?

This isnt earth shattering... I just yearn for a little more "lift" when working on the lower areas of the vehicle.

V

17 answers to this question

What about just regular ramps? A lot of times i just lift the front and use ramps instead of jackstands. Then just buy a second pair for the rear. You can get about a foot of elevation and its held up much safer than any stand

True... i KNOW i saw these really cool black wedges though.. i swear i did LOL...

:)

Shhhh. I half-arsed the lower parts of the car until I had my garage redone. Now I clean the car inside with AC and just sit on gardening pads on the floor to do the wheels and rockers and exhaust tips, etc...

Shhhh. I half-arsed the lower parts of the car until I had my garage redone. Now I clean the car inside with AC and just sit on gardening pads on the floor to do the wheels and rockers and exhaust tips, etc...

Sitting on the floor on 1/2" pads. Guessing you're <40....... :D

for that kind of money I would look into the lift ones that Wolfe uses. 

Race Ramps are seriously nice ramps and are available in many configurations. 

Lifts? Well, they are the ULTIMATE! 

For dollars spent? A mechanics seat! With BIG wheels to roll easily.

Had to go do some digging in my links but found it finally. 

More expensive than I thought they had been but I remember these showing up in a thread once when Wolf was doing some work on his wheels. 

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems.html

Dont remember much else, just that it seemed like an easy way to have a simple movable lift without all the hassles of one taking up your bay.