Customer Service 866.965.0400

Keeping products in the trunk

SS LeadFoot

Question

3 answers to this question

This is a good question. When I used to keep detail spray in my car, I felt like it was getting ruined by being there. a while ago I purchased a mystery box from detailers domain, fortunately along my adam's stuff that came in the box, there was another company's spray wax. I keep that in the car for bird droppings. I wonder what the effect of heat or cold is on the products...

The only problem I had doing this was due to hot weather. I guess the heat would create pressure inside the bottle and cause it to leak. However, this was on the previous style spray heads. I try not to keep any more products inside the car, but I didnt notice any difference in performance. This was for the detail spray.

Products react differently to temperature extremes.  Too cold, or too hot can effect them. They can separate, change color, etc.  Same thing with the bottles. They expand and contract according to the temperature as well, so like Chonke said, they can leak or crack. 

If you don't have anywhere else to keep your products, put them in a detailing bag (Adam's sells a couple of really nice ones) to keep stuff from leaking in your car and also insulate your products.  

Otherwise, try and keep them somewhere where the temps aren't going up and down all the time.