Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams vs. AMMO

mathews31

Question

I hope this is allowed but...here it goes...

I was wondering does anyone know the difference between Ammo reflex, vs. adam's coating. I'm really debating doing a coating, but I'm a little scared to drop the money, ammo has what seems like a coating, can anyone tell me the difference.

8 answers to this question

I've asked Larry Kosilla about Reflex. It's not an actual coating. He said it was like a paint Sealant on steroids. You can wash and reuse the towels for wiping away the Reflex after. You can't do that with any Ceramic coating. Anything from the Ammonyc line is good. I use some of his stuff too.

Like John & John posted above, they are not the same type of product.  I would also point out that Ammo Relfex has to be topped with another Ammo product for protection, and needs to be applied every 6 months.  Adam's Ceramic Paint Coating provides stand-alone protection and can last 1-2 years.

For additional comments, keep in mind the guidance in the User Registration Agreement:

Light discussion and comparison of outside products is perfectly acceptable so long as it remains respectful, but direct links, marketing, excessive discussion, and endorsement of any product not endorsed or sold by Adam's Premium Car Care is prohibited. There are a number of detailing discussion boards and enthusiast forums on the web where these products can be discussed at length. Here at AdamsForums.com please try to keep the discussion related to the use and support of Adam's products. 

I'd go with coating, you want to see the hydrophobic properties don't you?! Larry advertises it lasting 1 year but he likes to apply it every 6 months, the coatings last 1-1 1/2 years and with ceramic boost 2-2 1/2 years! I would say that coatings have better protection, too.

The last two posts were removed for excessive discussion and promotion. As I had previously posted the rules above "...excessive discussion, and endorsement of any product not endorsed or sold by Adam's Premium Car Care is prohibited."

Since the OP's question was answered, this thread is now locked.

I hope this is allowed but...here it goes...

I was wondering does anyone know the difference between Ammo reflex, vs. adam's coating. I'm really debating doing a coating, but I'm a little scared to drop the money, ammo has what seems like a coating, can anyone tell me the difference.

Discussion of competitors products is usually frowned upon by the mod team, even in the sense of direct comparisons. 

Adam's coating is a ceramic coating. There's a detailer on youtube with a boutique line of products who sells something similar to a coating, but i dont think it is a ceramic coating like Adams. a ceramic coating's lifetime is measured in years, and not months. they also don't typically require lots of other products from the line layered to maintain it.