Customer Service 866.965.0400

Matte vs Waterless vs Rinseless

Sump

Question

Hi all, new to the forum but slowly becoming a Adam's user after using just the detail spray for sometime. (Using buttery wax, wheel cleaner, under carriage spray, all purpose, and shampoo currently as I replace other brands)

I bought a 16oz of waterless wash for our annual road trip to the tail of the dragon and worked great for touching up the car before going to detail spray. I ended up getting a gallon on the 20% chemical sale.

However, with the release of the matte detail spray and recently reading about diluted Rinseless, what's the differences between these products?

My weekend car (e36 m3) doesn't get dirty enough to be washed every week and looking for best option for dust and minor dirt cleanup before I hit it with detail spray for shine. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Waterless Wash is a product to use on your car when there is small amount of dirt on your car. (Your example of cleaning bugs of the front of your car is a perfect example.) It does not require diluting. It will leave a small amount of shine.

Rinseless Wash is a product that you add to water in a bucket and use towels to wash your car without a hose (rinseless wash). It can also be used diluted in a spray bottle and used like waterless wash. It too will leave a slight shine behind.

The Matte Detailer spray is a new product that is designed for matte or satin finishes. This is used when there is a small amount of dirt on the car. It will not leave a shine behind.

For you I would continue using the Waterless Wash to clean your M3. Make sure you have plenty of the microfiber waterless wash towels to safely remove the dirt and follow good technique.

My wife and I want to drive the The Tail of the Dragon sometime!

Waterless Wash is a product to use on your car when there is small amount of dirt on your car. (Your example of cleaning bugs of the front of your car is a perfect example.) It does not require diluting. It will leave a small amount of shine.

Rinseless Wash is a product that you add to water in a bucket and use towels to wash your car without a hose (rinseless wash). It can also be used diluted in a spray bottle and used like waterless wash. It too will leave a slight shine behind.

The Matte Detailer spray is a new product that is designed for matte or satin finishes. This is used when there is a small amount of dirt on the car. It will not leave a shine behind.

For you I would continue using the Waterless Wash to clean your M3. Make sure you have plenty of the microfiber waterless wash towels to safely remove the dirt and follow good technique.

My wife and I want to drive the The Tail of the Dragon sometime!

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure if the waterless did any shine or not but it cuts bugs pretty nicely. I'll probably pick up some rinseless before the end of the nice weather this year. 

And being in PA you def. need to take the Hellcat down there. Dragon will be a bit tight for it but the Cherohala skyway would be a riot. We started going down there in 2012 and been back every year since. 

Matte Detailer is for matte finishes, or vinyl wraps. WW is for removing light dust and dirt (safe lots of money by diluting RW 16:1, it makes WW). RW is for cars dirtier then what WW can do, but sometimes you just need a bucket wash. RW requires a bucket of water also.