Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's the difference is a double and triple soft.

Ls1transam

Question

I have some towels I want to trade. They all look the same to me. They aren't in their original package so. Over time I've put them in other packages for some reason. They all have the grey silk lining except for 2. They're the older style towels. They're either double or triple soft towels. But I don't know.

12 answers to this question

I'm guessing that you mean the silk edging around the towel. I could be wrong, but I don't think Adam's ever made gray triple soft towels. I can't even remember them making gray double softs!  I had blue ones, but not gray.  So I'd say definitely not triple soft, could possibly be doubles, but the ones I have in gray are all single soft. 

Triple softs are REALLY thick and easy to spot.  If they're the white ones with the gray lining, you should be able to easily tell if they're double or triple.  Just take two single softs together, and compare thickness. 

​The Single Softs have a black silk border, and the double and triple softs have a gray border.

​The difference between the double softs and triple softs is the length of the microfiber material, it has longer, and thicker nap.

​If you do have a single soft, fold it in half, so it "doubles" in thickness then compare it to the other towel you have.

The grey will be either a double or triple, if you have had a double before it shouldnt be too hard to tell the difference. 

If the older ones if I remember rightly the single soft had a black stiching where the double softs were a seamed edge and you could kinda pull the front and back apart if you grabbed in the middle of the towel. They are also very obviously different in thickness when held.