Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Finishing Polish on top of Paint Correction Polish

Solobaric

Question

I've seen videos showing both methods but I just want to make sure. I can apply the paint finishing polish directly on top of hazed paint correcting polish correct? I don't have to buff off the residue before I apply the PFP do I?

Edited by Solobaric

6 answers to this question

I have never done that before ! I remove all correcting polish first then apply finishing polish after I have seen the results. If it needs more correcting, how would you know that unless you wiped off the correcting polish first?

I'd remove it before continuing in for a few reasons. For one you'll be able to see if you're happy with your results from CP or if you need to go over it again. Another reason would be, if you went over it with a white pad and FP it could potentially clog up your pad faster.

I will go right over correcting polish...sometimes.  To find the process I need, I'll work a small section wiping away each step to see the results.  Once I've settled on a process, I go through and do the whole vehicle.  I will wipe away in areas of heavy damage where I'm really working to get the damage out.  The other time I'll wipe away is if it's really warm or cold out.  That way it wipes easier. 

The choice to buff off every step or not is up to you.  Sometimes we do.  Sometimes we don't.  It depends on what we're trying to accomplish and how much time we have dedicated to the job.  There is no right or wrong answer in this case.

Edited by medic001918