Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello, also from the SF Bay Area...

squeak

Another newbie from the SF Bay Area. I stumbled onto Adams products quite recently in my quest to keep my new dark gray Miata RF looking halfway presentable. Somehow I've managed to turn it into quite the obsession, so much so that I find myself having to resist the urge to wash my neighbors' dirty cars as long as I've got the wash bucket out anyway. :blink: My friends think I'm certifiable, but whatcha gonna do...

Welcome to the madness!

I just had to clear out half of one of my closets to store all my new Adam's products! 

I regret having Opticoat Pro put on my Miata because I can't really do a whole lot to it myself now. Now I'm going to drive up to my dad's so I can get my detailing fix on his car instead (Strip Wash, Visco Clay, Revive, and Paint Sealant). Pretty sure AA really stands for Adam's Anonymous. The addiction is real.

Edited by squeak

:welcome:

And yes, the addiction is very, very real.

Basics question...any reason you're going with only the Revive?

Alas, I don't have any of the fancy machine polishers, and I can't justify buying one since I'm not a detailer. Besides, I'm not sure I can be trusted with that kind of power. :D That, and Dad's car barely has 6K miles on it after a year--it mostly sits in the garage. Apparently, he got talked into PermaPlate at the dealer when he bought the car, but from everything I've read, it's just a glorified liquid sealant that needs to be reapplied anyway. Unfortunately, he doesn't really take care of the car, and I doubt it ever got a proper wash before I started going down the Adam's rabbit hole and decided to start taking care of it myself. Last time I washed it, I noticed minor contamination on the hood, and it bugged me enough that I decided it was time to do something about it.

I chatted with one of the fine fellas at Adam's, and he said clay and Revive should be just fine, under the circumstances. 

Edited by squeak

this rookie invested in a sk because the last time the dealer touched my car (when i bought a new set of tires) they left polish or wax all over the car. Also I wanted to do it myself because like Adam says it's a bit of therapy.

this rookie invested in a sk because the last time the dealer touched my car (when i bought a new set of tires) they left polish or wax all over the car. Also I wanted to do it myself because like Adam says it's a bit of therapy.

Nice!!! I'll just come borrow yours sometime!  :P J/K!  :D  

Alas, I've dropped close to 600 bucks on Adams products in just the past 2 weeks, so I'm afraid the SK and pads and polishes will have to wait for the day I absolutely can't live without them. 

So far, it has not been a good week for my Miata. My license plates showed up, and California requires the front plate (got ticketed 3 times on my old 2008 before I finally gave in). It ruins the aesthetics. Then, to add insult to injury, my stupid fitness bands scratched the trunk when I shut it yesterday. :angry: I'm usually so careful, too! I'm hoping my detailer can buff it out, but I have a feeling it went through to the paint. I'm taking it back to him this weekend because I noticed a couple of hot spots from the Opticoat. Keeping this car pristine feels like a losing battle.