Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray/ Triple Soft Towel issue

jermonger69

Question

So last night I wiped my car down with the Detail Spray and a Triple Soft towel as i've done many many times in the past. However, when I went out to the car about 2 hours after it had this "glaze" over it. I tried to wipe it off (and applied more spray to lubricate). It almost felt sticky and left the hood of my car a mess and left residue from the towel...i  tried to take some pictures, but i'm not sure it came across. I spoke with Dan earlier and he told me it could be the humidity. Well, i'm not so sure...let me know what everyone thinks.

post-15658-0-53898300-1497461707_thumb.jpg

post-15658-0-31314200-1497461715_thumb.jpg

post-15658-0-87608800-1497461721_thumb.jpg

14 answers to this question

The only residue that a towel will leave is lint. Is that what you are seeing?

I'm having a hard time seeing what exactly it is. It almost looks like water etching.

yea...it was hard to actually get a picture. The spray was not wiping off and was left sticky. What you see is the dried spray with lint stuck to it from the towel.

Ok so for Detail Spray you should wipe it off once, flip the towel over to get the left over and buff off slight hazing.

As far as linting, that all comes to how you wash the towels... Use cold water, a non-scented detergent (preferably with no dyes), and tumble dry with no heat. There are some good videos out their by a MF Towel manufacturer but I don't think I'd be allowed to post them here.

Ok so for Detail Spray you should wipe it off once, flip the towel over to get the left over and buff off slight hazing.

As far as linting, that all comes to how you wash the towels... Use cold water, a non-scented detergent (preferably with no dyes), and tumble dry with no heat. There are some good videos out their by a MF Towel manufacturer but I don't think I'd be allowed to post them here.

I know how to wipe the car down lol...I actually used two different triple soft towels, one for the initial wipe, and the other for buffing. It wasn't actually lint. The detail spray wasn't wiping off, but leaving a sticky residue behind and when I tried to wipe it off, remnants of the towel were left behind...not lint. Meaning, It wouldn't wipe the sticky spray off. It's really hard to explain (apparently lol)

Try narrowing the problem down. Use a different towel with the detail spray. Preferably a clean single soft. If the problem is fixed, we know the problem is in the towel. 

Then use the same towel but with a different spray, maybe a waterless wash just on a rear panel. Then we can narrow it down a bit more. 

Remember that detail spray accumulates, so that might be part of the issue. 

Hey Jerry! From the second picture, it looks like maybe too much Detail Spray was applied since there appears to be some pooled up staining going on there. It can take several wipes back and forth with the dry towel to fully remove the residue if it's applied heavily in the hot sun or humid weather. Usually 2 sprays should cover about half of the hood for example.

Maybe try going back over it with a tiny bit more Detail Spray (1 light mist on the affected area) and wipe with a different towel than the one you used previously and report back. Thanks.

Ok thank you I know I had the same problem when it was super humid here a few weeks ago, as soon as I noticed the haze a waterless wash and my problem was solved.

Im also starting to think its the humidity, because I live in a very hot area and I havent had this issue. However, its very dry here. 

Hey Jerry! From the second picture, it looks like maybe too much Detail Spray was applied since there appears to be some pooled up staining going on there. It can take several wipes back and forth with the dry towel to fully remove the residue if it's applied heavily in the hot sun or humid weather. Usually 2 sprays should cover about half of the hood for example.

Maybe try going back over it with a tiny bit more Detail Spray (1 light mist on the affected area) and wipe with a different towel than the one you used previously and report back. Thanks.

Thanks Dan...hope you don't think I didn't believe you. Just wanted a "second opinion".