Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paint Coating Issue?

'14GT500Vert

Question

So I have 2 Shelby Mustangs, 1 black the other race red and I have properly paint corrected the finish, especially my black stang a few times now...But I recently bought adams paint coating kit and again I prepped the finish per instructions and put about 2 coats down..after careful examination few days later, I see very small pin head type craters in my finish on both cars! I honestly do not remember those there before, almost like what fisheye would look when laying clear coat down..could the ceramic coating cause the issue? Should I use strip wash and try again in a different environment? Temps were maybe 60s

11 answers to this question

If any wax or sealant remained on the paint surface the coating may not have completely attached to the paint causing the fisheyes. As the others stated only one coat is recommended. The second coat may be the issue too.

Great! Well I waited at least 24 hours before second coat..I did paint correct the whole car but never took off any thing before that...so I guess I will pull my rupes out and start over...Should I use the polisher with the correcting polish or finishing polish?

Great! Well I waited at least 24 hours before second coat..I did paint correct the whole car but never took off any thing before that...so I guess I will pull my rupes out and start over...Should I use the polisher with the correcting polish or finishing polish?

Polishing removes the clear coat, so any wax or sealant that was there will be gone too, as for polishing, for completely removing the coating I would use correcting polish, but to try to fix the bad spots, finishing polish maybe? Someone else will have to help there.

If you perhaps just spot polished and didn’t polish the whole car, some wax/sealant might have remained there.

Edited by Nathan

When you applied these coating was it humid in Rome Ny, humidity could cause this issue.

So I have 2 Shelby Mustangs, 1 black the other race red and I have properly paint corrected the finish, especially my black stang a few times now...But I recently bought adams paint coating kit and again I prepped the finish per instructions and put about 2 coats down..after careful examination few days later, I see very small pin head type craters in my finish on both cars! I honestly do not remember those there before, almost like what fisheye would look when laying clear coat down..could the ceramic coating cause the issue? Should I use strip wash and try again in a different environment? Temps were maybe 60s

So I want to start from scratch again..What is the best method to go with? My plan is to paint correct again and clay

I would strip wash, then clay, then polish the coating off withcorrecting polish, then do another strip wash if you want, for sure do a wipe down with diluted isopropyl alcohol (1:1) or use Adams Coating Prep.