Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire & Rubber Cleaner vs APC

Chonke

Question

So today I was finally able to try out adams Tire n Rubber Cleaner and the new wheel brush. Previously I had been using APC with a blue tire brush. Ive had really good luck with APC on the wheels and I was really curious to see if the new Tire n Rubber was really worth it since APC is still very versatile. Plus I have seen a few mixed reviews on which one is actually stronger. 

So I did a direct comparison on one of my trucks wheels. I wash the wheels every time I wash the truck, but I havent washed the truck in a while, so they should be extra dirty. 

On the left, I used the new Tire n Rubber cleaner, and on the right, I used good ole APC.

post-12499-0-51191000-1497835277_thumb.jpg

This is what I started with. It doesnt look so dirty, but looks can be deceiving.

post-12499-0-68562300-1497835370_thumb.jpg

I sprayed the left down with the Tire cleaner, and right with APC. I sprayed an even amount on each side. I didnt really notice any difference by just spraying them. They almost looked the same on both sides.

post-12499-0-32347500-1497835437_thumb.jpg

However, once I started scrubbing, thats when I started seeing more of a difference. The Tire cleaner seemed to foam and stick more than the APC. It turned into a brownish foam color just like in adams video. The APC doesnt foam up much.

As far as the brushes go, I noticed the new dark red brush would fling a lot more than the blue one. I would figure it would be the opposite because the blue one is firmer. But besides flinging more dirt, it also felt easier to work with because you dont have to scrub as hard as you do with the blue brush. I really like the new brush.

post-12499-0-94378600-1497835606_thumb.jpg

When I finished scrubbing, I started hosing them down, and thats where I saw the biggest difference between the two. The left side dropped a whole lot more dirt than the right side with APC. The difference is very noticeable in this pic.

post-12499-0-77338600-1497835882_thumb.jpg

Once i finished, I got one of my old dirty towels, and gently passed it through both sides while the wheel was still a bit wet. The pics didnt come out that good right here tho.

This was the left side with Tire n Rubber cleaner.

post-12499-0-74478200-1497836082_thumb.jpg

And this is the right with APC

post-12499-0-14232300-1497836103_thumb.jpg

Couldnt get a good focus.

The new Tire & Rubber Cleaner definitely cleaned the wheel much better. Eventually, I went back and did the whole wheel with TnR Cleaner. Some dirt still came out from the right side.

Im really glad that Adams team is not only making new stuff with minimal changes to sell more, but they actually make good products with big improvements. Im still not going to stop buying All Purpose Cleaner because its still great to clean out foam pads and other things around the house, but for my wheels, im sticking with the new Tire and Rubber Cleaner. I hope this can help others decide between which product to use. 

10 answers to this question

The most impressive thing I've discovered with T&R is during a mid week touch up job. Spray some T&R on a (old) rag and wipe the sires down, flip Tim over and make a pass with the dry side. It leaves the tires looking so clean, but also dark, satin, very even looking finish.. Like you literally call it quits and not apply any type of dressing. Cannot get that result with an all purpose.

The most impressive thing I've discovered with T&R is during a mid week touch up job. Spray some T&R on a (old) rag and wipe the sires down, flip Tim over and make a pass with the dry side. It leaves the tires looking so clean, but also dark, satin, very even looking finish.. Like you literally call it quits and not apply any type of dressing. Cannot get that result with an all purpose.

Good to know, Ill have to try that since I dont get to wash this truck as often as Id like.

Thanks for doing this, I've been thinking about getting it, and haven't lucked out in any mystery boxes, looks like I might grab some with one of the sales. :)

Glad it helped. I was kinda skeptical at first, but I found it cleans better with less effort, so I really recommend it  :cheers: