Customer Service 866.965.0400

1/2 Bottle of Odor Neutralizer gone in 1 shot + Potentially ruined carpet brush

Coderedpl

Question

It's been a while since I posted, i browse around more often than I post ^_^

First things first, fingers crossed for Adams new odor neutralizer as I ended up using half of a 16 oz bottle in one shot, on one car today. My wife's car has had this weird interior smell for some time now, and I haven't exactly figured out "why/how".

So today, I did a good cleaning of the interior, did a thorough vacuum using my Ridgid, then wiped down, using a combination of the Leather & Interior Cleaner as-well as the interior detailer. I used the LIC primarily for the seats and steering wheel, and the TID for the rest, such as dash, doors and other plastics in the car. Changed out to a new cabin filter, and sprayed the living hell out of the entire car with the Odor Neutralizer. The leather conditioner will come tomorrow or Thursday. Seriously hoping this gets rid of the funkiness. 

On another side-note; I think i might of potentially ruined my yellow carpet brush. I'm now a proud owner of a Siberian Husky puppy, so with that comes a lot of work, including house breaking. She ended up having an accident on the carpet, so i figured, ah i have the carpet and upholstery cleaner and the carpet brush!!! So i ended up using it on my household carpet, but what i did not realize is that all the fibers from the thicker carpet got stuck in the brush itself, so when i went to use it on my wifes car today, some of those fibers started to come out onto the carpet -_-

Tried picking at them a little bit but there is only so much you can grab between the bristles and the vacuum doesn't seem to pickup much....

Might be time to get another one =/

11 answers to this question

I had to house train two SPCA mutts and that Carpet and Upholstery cleaner was my best friend! Are you talking about the cockpit brush that you need another one of?

Oh man, must been a while since I bought that brush, yes the cockpit is the one. I guess Adams used to have one with yellow bristles. Didn't realize that one is no longer listed on site. 

My Vette is 4" off the ground with the splitter and ground effects. Driving the other day and there he was.......in the middle of the lane.......just like in the song.........DEAD SKUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. There was no way I could go around it on either side but I managed to get far enough over on the right so I only caught the front left side a bit.  MAN did that stink!  I think most of it was in the tire and I managed to drive some of it off, but the rest of the stink remained.  Hit it with some Odor Neutralizer when I got home and there's barely even a trace of it now.  That's some good stuff!! 

I worked on a Honda Civic last week that had been violated by some drunk, cleaned out the interior and got the stank out wit odor neutralizer, stuff works amazing, I called to check on the car last night and he said it was golden. It's good stuff.

My Vette is 4" off the ground with the splitter and ground effects. Driving the other day and there he was.......in the middle of the lane.......just like in the song.........DEAD SKUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. There was no way I could go around it on either side but I managed to get far enough over on the right so I only caught the front left side a bit. MAN did that stink! I think most of it was in the tire and I managed to drive some of it off, but the rest of the stink remained. Hit it with some Odor Neutralizer when I got home and there's barely even a trace of it now. That's some good stuff!!

Damn, I remember when I ran over a skunk, Adams stuff wasn't out yet so I stuck with other alternatives, but it was more of a pressure washing effort than anything else. Had to do the undercarriage more than once , spraying it down with all purpose cleaners and whatever else I can find nearby....fun times

My daughter spilled nearly 1/2 a gallon of water in the back floor well of my wife's convertible a few weeks ago and I didn't find out until days later. Peee------eewwww.

The odor neutralizer did a great job.

I removed the front seat and seatbelt allowing me to pull up the carpet/foam some to air it out after sopping up the standing water.

I liberally applied the ON to the floor mat, carpet, foam and then also in the HVAC vents.

All's good now.

Regarding your carpet brush.

I have 2. One is used primarily for the cars and the other for in the house cleaning up dog accidents.

That one gets a fair amount of fur and carpet lint in it.

I was able to clean it out really well just using a metal pick. (a small screwdriver would probably work too, but the end of mine had a 90deg bend to help grab the lint). I spent about 20-30 minutes at it, but probably got 98% of lint/fur out.

Edited by AudiOx

Oh man, must been a while since I bought that brush, yes the cockpit is the one. I guess Adams used to have one with yellow bristles. Didn't realize that one is no longer listed on site. 

Yep, we discontinued the yellow firm bristle carpet brush several years back. It has since been replaced with the Cockpit Brush, which has medium duty bristles that are good enough to scrub floor mats and carpet, but safe enough to not scratch leather, vinyl, or textured plastics as well.

Yep, we discontinued the yellow firm bristle carpet brush several years back. It has since been replaced with the Cockpit Brush, which has medium duty bristles that are good enough to scrub floor mats and carpet, but safe enough to not scratch leather, vinyl, or textured plastics as well.

So from two tools, you guys went down to 1 that serves a dual purpose. Not bad ... Might need to get one of those

PM me your address and i'll send you mine. I'm not sure if it's ever been used, and if so, it wasn't much.

Just saw this post, I've been quite a bit busy this week and haven't checked what goes on online much, I'm sending you a pm! Thank you!!!