Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick on the interior

Chonke

Question

Im thinking about buying adams sidekick to ease drying my cars. Id also like to use it for the interior, but im a bit confused. I usually vacuum the inside first, then spray down and wipe the rest with interior detailer or cleaner depending on how dirty it is. 

Would using the sidekick be redundant in my case? I feel like its just adding an extra step.

For those of you with a sidekick, do you guys use it for the interior, or just stick to the exterior?

10 answers to this question

I 'get by' with NOT vacuuming every time on my cars and use my Master Blaster Revolution to blow out enough dirt/grass/etc to be happy with the result.  I've already got the blower out to dry the car and jambs so it's just part of that.  I do need to vacuum every once in a while, but with this approach thats one less thing to drag out on a quick maintenance wash.

Cool, I do have a white german shepherd dog so the truck cant go over a week without having any hairs find their way inside. Thats mostly why I use the shop vac. I doubt the side kick will be able to blow those out. But maybe itll make cleaning the ac vents easier.

Thanks

Cool, I do have a white german shepherd dog so the truck cant go over a week without having any hairs find their way inside. Thats mostly why I use the shop vac. I doubt the side kick will be able to blow those out. But maybe itll make cleaning the ac vents easier.

Thanks

Adams NEEDS a dog hair brush.

Also, I normally vacuum because I’m used to that, but the sidekick could be used just to blow out the car, don’t know I’m your case though lol.

In my opinion, vacuuming is the best way to clean the interior. While using a blower to blast stuff out of the car may work, I think it just creates a cloud of dust that gets into places I don't want it. For example, I don't want the dirt from the floor mats getting airborne and spread about the interior, onto the seats, into the crevices, into the headliner, etc, that just makes more mess and work to eventually clean those areas out. You may not notice a big issue the first few times, but I think regularly blowing is going to eventually result in dust build-up.

Same reason I vacuum the garage and not just hit it with the leaf blower. I want that dirt, dust, pollen and other crud gone, not made airborne to get into all the stuff in my garage, or onto my counters where I keep detailing products, bottles, and tools (not towels, those are safely stored in totes or cabinets).

While it might be useful to get certain areas like inside air vents, AFTER the main dirt and dust has been vacuumed, I think that it is not a good option to replace regular vacuuming.

I also avoid wiping dusty surfaces with ID or LC, since this can just push the dust into the cracks and crevices, resulting in build-up over time. I always vacuum first, then wipe down for additional cleaning and protection of the surfaces.

Also note that using a blower like the Sidekick may result in dirt getting into the foam air filter, which could end up then getting blasted onto your paint if you also use it for drying.

I love my Sidekick, and I use it a couple times a year on the interior, vacuum is more often for the floors and what I can reach but it is nice to take and get into corners that are not easily reached. 

To Dans point about the cloud of dust getting everywhere, he is right, it can be a mess, when I do it thou Its the first thing I do when I start so that all the dust can settle and get cleaned off with the detail. 

I just placed my order for the sidekick this morning  :banana:  Regardless, I still have to vacuum due to dog hair so thats not change. But at least I wont have to come back 15 minutes after drying only to wipe off all the drops hiding in gaps.

Also great for drying wheels and tires!

I just placed my order for the sidekick this morning  :banana:  Regardless, I still have to vacuum due to dog hair so thats not change. But at least I wont have to come back 15 minutes after drying only to wipe off all the drops hiding in gaps.

You'll be glad you did. And if there was still any doubt, read this article. Enjoy the new toy!  :rockon: