Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pitting in glass

Last_cast

Question

10 answers to this question

There is nothing to tackle except for a replacement windshield. Some automotive glass is more brittle than others which means keep your distance when driving and avoid following large trucks especially gravel haulers.

If you decide on a new windshield make sure you don't drive the car for a few hours to make sure you get a proper seal and bonding of your new car.

Edited by ocdrifter

Theres a few types of fixes out there, but most of them are not permanent, or they are too expensive and not worth the hassle. Its easier and cheaper to replace the windshield in most cases.

As mentioned, dont drive the car or open and close windows when barely replaced. The suction created from opening and closing doors can affect the windshield. If you have to, do it with the windows open. But the shop will explain all that.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing, but idt they're OEM.

Nope. But IMO it's just as good, just doesn't have your vehicle make printed on the glass. You can pay the difference and get OEM if you want to. I'd rather just get a free windshield every year.

Nope. But IMO it's just as good, just doesn't have your vehicle make printed on the glass. You can pay the difference and get OEM if you want to. I'd rather just get a free windshield every year.

Yeah. I might do that. My windshield is awful. Thanks!

I just learned about pitting, but I was calling them "chips" when I called Geico and they sent out Safelite.  He echoed everything here, it isn't worth it to try and fix and better to just swap out the windshield.  Since I only have 2-3 pits (that only I can see as I am the one detailing), I elected not to deal with the hassle of swapping the windshield for now

That being said, you swap it out every year with Geico?  They're ok with that?  How long have you been doing that?

I just learned about pitting, but I was calling them "chips" when I called Geico and they sent out Safelite. He echoed everything here, it isn't worth it to try and fix and better to just swap out the windshield. Since I only have 2-3 pits (that only I can see as I am the one detailing), I elected not to deal with the hassle of swapping the windshield for now

That being said, you swap it out every year with Geico? They're ok with that? How long have you been doing that?

I'm getting mine done today..the agent said as long as you pay you can change windshields out as often as you want.