Customer Service 866.965.0400

Serious Paint chips and/or gashes

Scooter McGoo

Question

Hi gang,

I recently bought a new-to-me 2014 F-150.  Not only do I love it, but my sense of pride in owning it is what has caused my spiral into my Adams addiction.  In my newfound passion for detailing my truck, I have found some paint damage from the previous owner, primarily on the front fender.  Some are basic chips that have begun to rust, but one is a major gash that looks as if it's raised the paint around it.  I have no idea how to even attempt to fix these and was wondering if I could tap the forums collective knowledge on how someone might approach these two issues.  

Thanks in advance

post-16059-0-59205100-1498242176_thumb.jpg

post-16059-0-50878600-1498242177_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

I hate to say it, but it looks like both of those need body shop repairs. Maybe for the bottom one, you can get a good paint repair pen to hide the scratch, but Ive never tried them, so I cant say how well it will work. But the best results will be from a body/paint shop.

Both of those need bodywork to fix 100% the gouge/hole I would fill and get some colour matched spray bomb or touch up paint with an air brush ,clear over top and then Polish to blend in. The bottom chip I would touch up paint then clear touch-up paint over and Polish. Might make them less noticeable cuz right now they stick out bigtime. Really u got nothing to loose