Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash and wax or car shampoo?

Jheeman

Question

So, wondering if it's just personal preference or is it better to use wash and wax over car shampoo? I received wash and wax in one of my mb's, just never used the car shampoo, I'm looking to get a gallon, but wondering if one is better then the other.

14 answers to this question

I use the Wash and Wax on my daily driver because it saves me time and elbow grease.  But I use the Car Shampoo on the Vette because she gets detailed every time I wash her. 

For me, it's whatever mood I'm in at the time. All I have are dailies, and like Rich said, the W&W saves time. But I do swith back and forth.

And for the record, it's not actually a "wax" (i.e. no carnuba) in the W&W. I think it's a synthetic blend, simlar to a sealant.

I would have to agree with Chris,my decision also depends on my mood.

However I will say that if you plan on using something like G&G or buttery at least once a month I would just use the regular CWS. If not I want to say that wash and wax is slicker to me when at the same dilution ratio as CWS.

I do believe the W&W has silica in it for the "wax" part.

The wash & wax does leave more shine behind but I usually have to use a bit more than usual. If I use 2oz of regular soap I have to use 3oz of the wash & wax. Doesn't sud as much as the regular soap.

I also had some issues with my W&W sudsing properly, so I prefer using CWS and detail spray/G&G. However to answer your question, you can use them interchangeably. The Adam's staff said you won't have to worry about a "wax" build up, but it's simply more cost effective to stick with CWS.

I personally don't get that much use out of the wash and wax, I prefer the smell of the shampoo and I also have never tried the red shampoo. I usually use GG after a wash or a sealant or other protection of some sort, I don't like the one step wash and wax. But even if I do use wash and wax I usually follow up with a wax of some sort.

After trying the wash n wax a few times, I cant really tell a difference between it and the regular shampoo. It does however, create less suds than the regular shampoo, but it doesnt seem to make a difference in washing ability. 

We had a strong rain a few nights ago, so I used wash n wax instead of regular shampoo to bring back a little more protection in case the rain washed out the previous wax layer. Then dried it with H2O GG. Anything else ill stick to regular shampoo