Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mad Scientist Question

jakerodz7

Question

Hello Adams Forum,

I have a mad scientist question for you guys. I was just looking at my collection and thinking, would putting a couple ounces of G&G in a 32 oz bottle of diluted rinseless add some protection to the paint or would it be a waste of product?

I know it's a crazy question, but I am just curious about it. Or if anyone has tried it?

6 answers to this question

I don't think it would be a good idea. G&G is water activated.  There is water in your diluted rinsless. It would activate the G&G when you put it in the rinseless.  Would make it not work when you sprayed it on the car.

Thanks for the input fellas.

The main reason why I was asking is because I know some other products (non Adams) where a rinseless diluted to waterless had some sealant added to it and it was more slick, shinier and left better protection. I may just experiment with it, but thanks for sharing your input.

Thanks for the input fellas.

The main reason why I was asking is because I know some other products (non Adams) where a rinseless diluted to waterless had some sealant added to it and it was more slick, shinier and left better protection. I may just experiment with it, but thanks for sharing your input.

Here's the post that Joel remembers:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/30235-dilluting-h20-guard-gloss/?p=473952

As stated, the water in the rinseless wash will cause the HGG to be activated, which results in the product clumping up and sticking to itself, and to the inside of the bottle.

The HGG needs to be on the surface and mixed with the water at the same time, so that as the sealant is activated, it sticks to the paint, not the inside of a bucket or bottle.