Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problems With Strip Wash

zw470

Question

So today was my 2nd time using Strip Wash and I'm having 2 issues with it....

Firstly, it doesn't seem to clean the car well.  It's super sudsy out of my foam gun (non-Adams) and in the bucket, but the car is still visibly dirty once it's rinsed.  I first noticed it on my wife's white Traverse, but just figured it was because that car's paint is pretty neglected and usually only sees those touch-free "lazer washes" at the gas station.  But I was cleaning up my Mustang today and noticed the same thing.  It seems like it's clean but once you rinse you can see dirty streaks in the paths the wash mit gets used.  Secondly, it made all my plastic and rubber trim super dry.  Usually all it takes is a quick wipe with the SVRT to get it looking good, but after using the Strip Wash I had to go over everything 4-5 times.  The material was just absorbing it like crazy.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

8 answers to this question

The strip wash isn't really for general cleaning.It's made to strip all the wax,sealant or other protection off your paint before doing a full detail and adding new protection to your finish.As you noticed it took all protection off your plastics.Try the regular car shampoo for regular washing..

When I use the strip wash I wash first with the regular soap to clean then use the strip wash to remove the protection before claying and polishing.Others may have better advise 

Edited by 1911A1

Sorry I didn't realize you were getting ready to re-seal.

Not necessarily as I haven't tried the strip wash on a dirty finish.When I used it I washed first then washed again with the strip wash on a panel at a time since I only have time to polish a panel or two at a time.Someone else will probably chime in soon that has more experience with it than I do.

Edited by 1911A1

I have noticed when I wash with the strip wash and it's hot outside I get streaks left behind. I only use the strip wash before claying or correcting. So I normally rewash with the blue car shampoo afterwards. It's probably cause it's so hot and humid in Texas during the summer.

I love the strip wash and haven't had any problems when I use it. I only use it in the shade though because it does dry fairly quick.  I think you may be experiencing the soap drying and holding the dirt on the paint.  Before you rinse, try running around the car with your wash mitt to "reactivate" the soap so it'll rinse off.

No, I've run into that issue before, usually down low along the rockers when I'm trying to rush for whatever reason. That looks totally different than what's happening with my Strip Wash. I think frosty350 and red94chev are on the right track. The dirt is suspended in the soap and as it dries while I'm washing other parts the dirt gets left back on the paint.