Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car detailing organization/storing ideas

Derek

Question

I apologize in advance if I've missed a forum mentioning this previously. I was wondering if anyone has had any good ideas for organizing their detail supplies in their garage? I was thinking something even as simple as a wood shelf would work fine for the shampoo, waxes, details, etc. and just a clear bucket for microfibers. I've also seen the new bottle organizer product as well. Any recommendations on what you guys think looks good and works for you all? Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, 2012srt8 said:

20180322_004008.jpg

20180322_004003.jpg

WOW that is quite a set up. Looks fantastic too. I think I might go for right now a storage closet thing on the right side of the picture. That would fit perfectly for the amount of the 16 oz. bottles and gallons I have leaving room for some microfibers.  Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

9 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

There are definatley a bunch of posts on this.  Some members have some serious collection

and organization.   I just bought this online...of course just a few weeks before Adam’s released their own version. 

0C9012CB-6C06-44F0-B7BA-874332DC05FF.jpeg

Looks good! Very similar idea to Adams one as well, hows it working for your? Thanks for the reply!

Its working great. I like the bar on the front, keeps me from knocking over the bottles like dominoes! 

To the left of the rack I ordered a “rubbermaid” type cabinet. I think it was like $80.  Also have a matching rubbermaid type drawer underneath for towels/pads/etc.  

I keep my extra items in the cabinet and items I currently use on the rack.   

Everyone has whats works for them but i knew

i wanted something closed to keep the towels in so when i use a blower cleaining off floor in garage i don’t accidentally get my MF full of dirt/debris.  

The cart definitely is a great idea too. 

how%20to%20build%20garage%20shelving%20d

I built something like this on my garage. I have a bunch of tools and I split the left side for all my cleaning supplies and gallon refills, and the right side has all my tools and stuff. On the bottom i still have room for my shop vac, lawn mower, table saw, car jack, etc...

There are tons of options on how to store everything. Cabinets are the best with plastic bins for your towels, etc.  You don't want to just have them laying in there or mice will help themselves (found out the hard way).  You can get a detail cart and keep your products there.  The new bottle racks are nice.  Chris@adams has one of the best garages anywhere.  There's a thread somewhere about garages, and pics of his on there.  Amazing setup.  Just remember to bring your products inside in the winter if you live where it gets well below freezing, and don't let them get too hot either.  Keep your paste waxes in the fridge if you can.  But figure out what fits your space best, and you'll figure out what works for you .