Customer Service 866.965.0400

Salt Stains

Mbrazelton

Question

The weather has taken it's toll on my interior, and the other day I noticed white stain around where the floor mat doesn't cover.  I tried Carpet and Upholstery cleaner and the cockpit brush.  It seems to have take most of it out, but there is still alittle left.  Does anyone have any tricks for Salt Stains.

8 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Mbrazelton said:

The weather has taken it's toll on my interior, and the other day I noticed white stain around where the floor mat doesn't cover.  I tried Carpet and Upholstery cleaner and the cockpit brush.  It seems to have take most of it out, but there is still alittle left.  Does anyone have any tricks for Salt Stains.

Use distilled water.  A carpet shampooer is best, but if you don't have one then use a few towels to soak up the water.

While Carpet and Upholstery works great at cleaning, it actually contains salts so it is not the best product to remove salt residue.

Only use white vinegar and dilute it first.  Hope you don't mind the smell after you use it because that can be hard to get rid of.  If it lingers, try some Odor Neutralizer.

13 hours ago, BrianT said:

Vinegar works well, just make sure to rinse.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Only use white vinegar and dilute it first.  Hope you don't mind the smell after you use it because that can be hard to get rid of.  If it lingers, try some Odor Neutralizer.

All this talk of salt and vinegar is making me crave potato chips. :jester: