Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Sprayer w/Tire N Rubber cleaner

Chonke

Question

So I just received my Foam Sprayer yesterday and got a chance to try it out today. I bought it for the sole purpose of cleaning my wheels with it, so i was kinda skeptical about how it would work because most info I found was based on using shampoo with it. 

So anyway, I was really surprised at how well it worked with Tire n Rubber cleaner. It foamed up just like a shampoo would, and stayed on long enough to see dirt falling off without having to scrub. At first, I poured 8 ounces into the sprayer and didnt dilute it at all. I figured if it doesnt work, at least I can still use whats left. After pumping it and seeing a thick dense foam stream shoot out, I then added another 8 ounces of water, so its a rough 1:1 dilution. I know its still a lot of chemical for what I need so eventually ill play around with dilution ratios.

Heres a picture of how it foamed up:

1A47DAAE-637C-4FF4-9228-A1E1B59FFB4A.thumb.jpeg.777c27f9faca1957e9e7ca94f723d483.jpeg

The dirt falling off after just sitting there:3E6F8934-ABB6-4745-8373-7187C8A529A7.thumb.jpeg.30ae5a55bc612a785f30122f8e2b2eb1.jpeg

Keep in mind, this car had been washed about 2 weeks ago, and had not been driven since. It just sat there getting dusty for 2 weeks so it wasnt as dirty as a driven car. 

I do have a few question, for those of you who have used it with Tire n Rubber cleaner before, how much did you dilute it? Any tips on how much water to add?

Also, I noticed that on the last wheel, the foam wasnt spraying in a line anymore, it started shooting a stream of foam. Anyone know why this happened? 

And lastly, it says that the sprayer should be cleaned after every use, however, would it be safe to just clean the nozzle and leave the liquid inside? Id hate to waste the leftover every time I use it. 

Overall Im very happy with the results and Ill probably end up getting a second one for the wheel cleaner soon. Hopefully this will also help save product since I usually waste about half a bottle of tire n rubber cleaner when washing all 3 cars.

Edited by Chonke

7 answers to this question

Without having the benefit of owning one, I would believe that the main concern with post-use cleaning is with the nozzle and the pump mechanism, so you'll probably want to empty it out just to play it safe.  If you keep an empty 32oz bottle handy you can always transfer any remaining mix to avoid throwing it away.  That way, the foamer will be ready to go for another product like APC or shampoo to clean your wheels. 

46 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

Without having the benefit of owning one, I would believe that the main concern with post-use cleaning is with the nozzle and the pump mechanism, so you'll probably want to empty it out just to play it safe.  If you keep an empty 32oz bottle handy you can always transfer any remaining mix to avoid throwing it away.  That way, the foamer will be ready to go for another product like APC or shampoo to clean your wheels. 

Thats a god idea. I have a few spare bottles, so ill pour everything out and label them.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Chonke said:

Also, I noticed that on the last wheel, the foam wasnt spraying in a line anymore, it started shooting a stream of foam. Anyone know why this happened? 

I noticed as the pressure drops the fan pattern becomes a stream. I kinda wish there were different tips you could swap out. I would rather have a stream for the tires. Or at least less broad of a fan. I didn't measure mine but I think I put about 4-5oz and then filled the rest up with water. I have cleaned 2 sets of tires with this mixture so a little definitely goes a long way.

11 hours ago, chops1sc said:

I noticed as the pressure drops the fan pattern becomes a stream. I kinda wish there were different tips you could swap out. I would rather have a stream for the tires. Or at least less broad of a fan. I didn't measure mine but I think I put about 4-5oz and then filled the rest up with water. I have cleaned 2 sets of tires with this mixture so a little definitely goes a long way.

Cool, ill try that mixture once this one runs out. I thought it was the pressure that was causing the stream too, but It did the same even after pumping it again a few times. Ill keep trying to figure that one out. It came with a few tips but not for the nozzle. They go under the spray head but i havent tried them out yet.