Customer Service 866.965.0400

h2o g&g questions

rondre

Question

I've started my conversion to all adams products but had some question on the g&g.  First - will it affect/enhance/retract glass sealant on the windows?  Second - many posts say only use it every 4 washes or so - if this is the case and it's over top of paint sealant, will that paint sealant still degrade over the same amount of time or how much longer would you get out of it?  Also - how would you tell since g&g is adding protection as well.  Third - it seems that while g&g is super easy to apply it becomes more of a pain to keep the towels free of the product afterwards perhaps negating it's benefits.  Is the easy of g&g application worth the trouble with the towels?  Last - what is the difference in durability between g&g and buttery wax or americana?  Assume all 3 are applied over a sealant, for those that have used all 3 can anyone tell me average lifespan before re-application?  Looking to get my addiction filled w/ another purchase which will include paint sealant and want to see what experienced users think is best for regular use to go over the top of it.  Thanks in advance!

12 answers to this question

Your first question-it does boost glass sealant.

and for your other questions....I put down paint sealant twice a year after a good strip/clay/polish and then maintain with buttery, americana, GnG, Ceramic Boost, Detail Spray(it has wax in it), and wash and wax.   I can’t keep my hands off my truck, I’m always doing something. 

I will say, even with all this protection, the bottom rocker panels, still display standing/sticking water at times.  And the rear window/tailgate always collects and holds onto dirt.  (I have a Chevy Tahoe)

And all other surfaces constantly bead.  

7 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Your first question-it does boost glass sealant.

and for your other questions....I put down paint sealant twice a year after a good strip/clay/polish and then maintain with buttery, americana, GnG, Ceramic Boost, Detail Spray(it has wax in it), and wash and wax.   I can’t keep my hands off my truck, I’m always doing something. 

I will say, even with all this protection, the bottom rocker panels, still display standing/sticking water at times.  And the rear window/tailgate always collects and holds onto dirt.  (I have a Chevy Tahoe)

And all other surfaces constantly bead.  

What's your normal regimen in between paint sealant - do you g&g and use a wax at same time or between different washes?  Any noticeable difference in shine or longevity?

1. The HGG will enhance the Glass Sealant.

2.  The HGG will extend the life of the Paint Sealant by providing another layer of protection.  The way to know would be to skip an application and still see that the Paint Sealant is beading nicely after two months with no HGG applications.

3.  Proper towel cleaning is required to keep your towels from being ruined by the HGG.  I will find a post to link for a cleaning procedure.  Yes, it is worth the extra towel cleaning effort to use HGG because, unlike other sealants or waxes, the HGG is applied to and protects plastic and rubber trim, glass, and vinyl graphics (if you have those).

4.  There are many factors that affect longevity, but in general, the HGG will last longer than Buttery Wax, and probably last about the same as Americana.  But the advantage to the HGG is it is faster to apply, and provides the protection to the surfaces discussed in 3. 

You've asked a lot of questions here and, really, the only way to answer most of them is "it depends".  There are SO many variables involved that no-one can tell you how long any product or combo of products will last on your car.

Your best bet is to do what most of us have done:  Use the products and experiment for yourself.  You're not going to hurt anything and you will probably come up with a combo and procedure that works best for you.

That said - I use Wash & Wax and H2OGG on my F150 that sits outside and gets a lot of weather and dirt road time.  I only wash every couple of weeks (maybe monthly) and have never had any buildup. The truck looks fantastic (for a little while).

I use Liquid Paint Sealant and Americana on my Camaro - which is garage kept and only out when the weather is great. I use Rinseless Wash to keep it clean and top with another coat of Americana when I see that it is not beading in spots. Every year or so I will strip it and lay down another combo.  If it gets too dirty for Rinseless (which is rare) I'll wash with Wash & Wax.

I've been very happy with these procedures and I'm sure you will find one that works for you.

lol, ok just placed a new order, Americana shine kit (with brilliant glaze), h2o g&g, paint sealant, glass sealant and some more tire shine (that stuff is awesome).  Hopefully can sneak this into the garage w/o being seen and pay off the cc before viewed as well LOL.

Brilliant glaze is the bomb,  i use it multiple times a week, when the truck is clean,  makes the paint look dripping wet.

As for your other question,  I alternate,  so I washed my truck Saturday, dried with DS.  That night I brilliant glazed her, and “locked it in” with ceramic boost.  Other times I lock it in with buttery or Americana.  

If i use GnG, that’s typically good to go, until I get antsy and need therapy again ?  GnG gives an incredible mirror finish, where the waxes give it a wetter deeper finish.  Both are spectacular and addictive!  

Also a bottle of GnG will last about 12months between 2 SUV’s,  too much at once smears and doesn’t evaporate.  Just a couple sprays per panel.  6-8 for hoods/roofs.

I loved GnG sooo much when i first got it, i ended up with 7 bottles.  Then seeing how slow my first bottle wasn’t moving, I traded 5 bottles away.  Haha.

2 minutes ago, Nickfire20 said:

Brilliant glaze is the bomb,  i use it multiple times a week, when the truck is clean,  makes the paint look dripping wet.

As for your other question,  I alternate,  so I washed my truck Saturday, dried with DS.  That night I brilliant glazed her, and “locked it in” with ceramic boost.  Other times I lock it in with buttery or Americana.  

If i use GnG, that’s typically good to go, until I get antsy and need therapy again ?  GnG gives an incredible mirror finish, where the waxes give it a wetter deeper finish.  Both are spectacular and addictive!  

Also a bottle of GnG will last about 12months between 2 SUV’s,  too much at once smears and doesn’t evaporate.  Just a couple sprays per panel.  6-8 for hoods/roofs.

I loved GnG sooo much when i first got it, i ended up with 7 bottles.  Then seeing how slow my first bottle wasn’t moving, I traded 5 bottles away.  Haha.

Thanks for the info, have you ever tried g&g on half and wax on the other half?  I might have to try this on my wife's car and see if she can see a difference and if so what she likes better.  Finally got the garage cleaned out this past weekend so can get her car in there to get some work done.  Been going through my stuff and will be dumping a lot of previous purchased products from other brands that were just so so.  I only have 2 vehicles to maintain so all the stuff i've bought will last a while and no need to hoard the inferior stuff when I know i'll be buying more Adams in the future anyways.  Glad to know the g&g will last - thought i'd read somewhere that someone used half a bottle on a single wash so was concerned about that.  Really interested to see the difference with that and the americana.

6 minutes ago, rondre said:

Thanks for the info, have you ever tried g&g on half and wax on the other half?  I might have to try this on my wife's car and see if she can see a difference and if so what she likes better.  Finally got the garage cleaned out this past weekend so can get her car in there to get some work done.  Been going through my stuff and will be dumping a lot of previous purchased products from other brands that were just so so.  I only have 2 vehicles to maintain so all the stuff i've bought will last a while and no need to hoard the inferior stuff when I know i'll be buying more Adams in the future anyways.  Glad to know the g&g will last - thought i'd read somewhere that someone used half a bottle on a single wash so was concerned about that.  Really interested to see the difference with that and the americana.

I have also read about people overdoing GnG, absolutely insane!

Good job clearing the garage, i know the feeling.

I also know about other so so items ? They are now gone as well.

i have not compared GnG and wax.  But I have compared GnG and ceramic boost.  I preferred the GnG, but I just bought another boost recently.  Its not bad, but you have to literally use a 1/4 spray on each panel,  buffing is difficult with CB.  It smudges easily, and rightfully so, its made for a different application, but it leaves an awesome gloss on Balck!

Just now, Nickfire20 said:

I have also read about people overdoing GnG, absolutely insane!

Good job clearing the garage, i know the feeling.

I also know about other so so items ? They are now gone as well.

i have not compared GnG and wax.  But I have compared GnG and ceramic boost.  I preferred the GnG, but I just bought another boost recently.  Its not bad, but you have to literally use a 1/4 spray on each panel,  buffing is difficult with CB.  It smudges easily, and rightfully so, its made for a different application, but it leaves an awesome gloss on Balck!

I now have 2 ceramic boosts that i got from mystery box then bucket.  I'll get around to testing it as well but I'm giving one of the bottles to my buddy for his 40th (along with some other duplicates i got as well - not that I won't use them but 40th bday is a big one and might as well bring someone else into the addiction).  He has a 2016 black tundra w/ some nice 33's on it and the truck was coated in a product called cilajet which seems to be pretty good and not messed up by the dealership (amazingly) but I've never tested the hydrophobic properties of it so hoping the ceramic boost will work awesome for him.  I did give him my bottle of wolfgang uber (which i actually like) to get him started after I'd received my Adams Rinseless.  The uber might be a tad glossier than the adams rinseless but i like Adams smell better and when using it will be doing a detail spray after anyways.  Will be a while but I will post back on how the boost works on his coated truck, actually really looking forward to that!