Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze & Americana Questions

rondre

Question

So picked up the brilliant glaze/americana kit along with the paint sealant (going to completely ignore the griots stuff i bought previously - def becoming an adams fanboy).  I've never used a glaze before and been combing the forums but still have some questions.

1 - I know for coated vehicles it's been stated that sealants/waxes can actually hinder hydrophobic properties and are not needed.  Would brilliant glaze affect anything if applied over a coating and will it still give a high gloss?  

2 - Would Americana applied over the coating (or coating  + bg) act the same as the wax on a non coated (but prepped) vehicle?

3 - When applying brilliant glaze - is it like a sealant or wax that you wait for it so dry before buffing or do you wipe it on and buff it off right away?

Thanks all!

4 answers to this question

Let’s go in order of your questions...

1 - If your vehicle is coated, it should maintain a high gloss finish. BG is a very short lasting product. It’s benefit, if any would be limited. 

2 - There’s no need to wax over a coating. Americana is exactly that...a wax. We would use wax over sealant and glaze, but not over a coating. Like I’ve mentioned before, gloss is a result of your prep and that is enhanced and protected with LSP. Product isn’t enough to cover up poor prep. 

3 - BG is similar to sealant in application. Apply by hand or by machine at low speed then wipe off. You can leave the residue on while you apply prior to buffing. 

I correct all swirls.

Then paint sealant. New paint sealant doesn't need the 12 hour cure time

Then Americana or patriot wax.

Then brilliant glaze..

Perfect combo.!!!!!

Edited by keev14

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, rondre said:

So picked up the brilliant glaze/americana kit along with the paint sealant (going to completely ignore the griots stuff i bought previously - def becoming an adams fanboy).  I've never used a glaze before and been combing the forums but still have some questions.

1 - I know for coated vehicles it's been stated that sealants/waxes can actually hinder hydrophobic properties and are not needed.  Would brilliant glaze affect anything if applied over a coating and will it still give a high gloss?  

2 - Would Americana applied over the coating (or coating  + bg) act the same as the wax on a non coated (but prepped) vehicle?

3 - When applying brilliant glaze - is it like a sealant or wax that you wait for it so dry before buffing or do you wipe it on and buff it off right away?

Thanks all!

On coated vehicles you would want to maintain your coating with Ceramic Boost. https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/coatings/adam-s-ceramic-boost-16oz.html

As for BG yes let it haze a bit before wiping off. Depending of weather etc. it normally doesn't take that long to haze.

Hope this helps!