Customer Service 866.965.0400

Upgrading from PC 7424XP

Sathya

Question

Hi guys, I currently own a PC 7424XP but I was thinking of maybe upgrading to something better...I've been reading many threads and have been doing a lot of research regarding polishers and I still have no idea what I should upgrade to or if it's even worth it. Once I get all of my products from Adam's I plan on correct several swirls on my 2012 Mazda3 (It has never been properly detailed). Any advice or recommendations?

Thank you in advance.  

13 answers to this question

I, too, started with and still use the PC. While I'll likely upgrade at some point, it's been able to do everything I've needed so far. In the meantime, I did what you're doing - invested in chemicals, towels, accessories, etc. to build my arsenal. Having tried the SK, you wouldn't be disappointed. It vibrates a lot less making it a more comfortable tool to work with, and the longer throw (15mm or 21mm vs. 7mm) means faster detail sessions. Along those lines, @shane@detailedreflections wrote a great article on what size polisher to get that I recommend you take a look at. Like I said, though, the PC with the same/correct pads and polish, sealant, etc, will get the job done if you still need or want other things.

Bottom line, IMO, it really comes down to what you want to spend and when. If you're ready now for the SK, as will probably be the consensus pick, go for it! But if not, know you're still getting quality results until then with the PC.

I've always been a "by hand" guy, but wanted to try a machine .  Started with the PC, but it killed my shoulders and back every time I used it with all the vibrations.  Switched to the swirl killer and couldn't be happier with my decision. I still do a lot by hand, but when I want to use a machine, that's my go to.  Gave the PC to my son in law.  

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-swirl-killer-21mm-12mm-combo.html

I have a PC, and in the beginning I loved it!  I went to an Adam's clinic at Detailers Domain and picked up a Rupes 15mm and I won't go back to the PC.  I brought the Rupes before the swirl killer came out and I would have liked to try the SK before spending the money on the Rupes.

I own and have used a PC 7424XP....up until yesterday. Yesterday was the first time using a 15mm SK and now I'm sold on it. I found that the SK gave me better results much faster, with less effort and much less fatigue. Like Brian above, I won't ever go back. Nothing better than watching the results happen right before your eyes.  

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, Thorsager said:

The PC 7424 will be able to correct your paint. If you want a better polisher at an affordable price take a look at the Adams Swirl Killer 15 mm. It has more power, less vibration, and has a longer throw. 

I agree....after using our SK 15 OR 21 your hands & paint will Thank you.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/polishing/adam-s-swirl-killer-15mm-lt-polisher.html

On 4/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, BrianT said:

I have a PC, and in the beginning I loved it!  I went to an Adam's clinic at Detailers Domain and picked up a Rupes 15mm and I won't go back to the PC.  I brought the Rupes before the swirl killer came out and I would have liked to try the SK before spending the money on the Rupes.

The Rupes lineup is wonderful. While the SK’s are great, the nice thing about the Rupes is you can easily buy parts for them if necessary. They are pricey, but that’s Italian engineering you’re paying for. 

Machines alone:

Rupes LHR15 Mark II roughly $420ish

Adam's 15MM LT Swirl Killer $229.99 before any discounts and it comes with an extra set of brushes. Adam sells the Swirl Killer 15mm backing plate if you ever need a replacement.

They are so close to the same machines (I own both) it's hard to not choose the Swirl Killer!

2 hours ago, BRZN said:

Machines alone:

Rupes LHR15 Mark II roughly $420ish

Adam's 15MM LT Swirl Killer $229.99 before any discounts and it comes with an extra set of brushes. Adam sells the Swirl Killer 15mm backing plate if you ever need a replacement.

They are so close to the same machines (I own both) it's hard to not choose the Swirl Killer!

I don’t think you can really compare the Mark II with the Swirl Killer. Maybe the original Rupes lineup with the Swirl Killer but the Mark II’s have more power. Plus, the SK’s haven’t been out as long as the Rupes and don’t have the track record yet. A weekend Detailer I could understand going with SK due to price per use. But a serious/everyday Detailer, I’d go with Rupes.