Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do it now or wait?!?!

tlbullet

Question

With spring finally arriving (i think) I have been dying to break open my Adam’s products.  I discovered Adam’s a few months ago and already a fan without even touching the products and thanks to all the info other members have shared i have a good idea of what i plan to do with my 2 daily drivers this spring. 

I grabbed the advanced SK 15mm with a bunch of other products and they are ready to go.   I had planned  to CC both vehicles ASAP. 

But thru the forums i have “heard” a new CC is possibly in the works.   So I’m going to hold out as long as possible for thr new CC.  But Im dying to use my sK. 

So If i do the full paint correction (decon,clay, etc..)  now, can i leave the finishing polish on as top coat for next few weeks

OR do i have to wax/seal now (after full paint correction)  THEN when im ready to CC have to do a light clay then use SK with finshing polish again????

Also, i havnt purchased any Adam’s waxes/sealants bc i plan on using the CB over the CC.  So i would be using the other products wax i USED to use.   

Thanks!!

4 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Thanks..i was thinking i was going to have to remove the “temporary” wax w the SK..but I forgot a strip wash will remove it!! 

It will definatley spread out the work. Maybe just a strip wax and light claying then just b4 the Cc application.  

I will def send some pics once i get going. 

Do you have the SW? If not, adding a few ounces of APC to your wash bucket will do the same thing. As for light claying, just be careful. Once you coat, you'll have to polish it off to correct any swirls, marring, etc, left behind. In other words, look closely before coating!

The finishing polish won't offer any protection, so if you're dying to move out now, at least throw some wax on top when you're done as a stopgap. Then, before you coat, do a strip wash and follow all prep instructions with the coating kit. You'll only need to correct again if any swirls happen in the meantime...you really want the paint as close to perfect as possible before you coat. Be sure to take some pics for us to see!

Oh, and the other benefit to doing some steps now is you'll spread out the jobs and not feel so overwhelemed later.

Edited by falcaineer

37 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

The finishing polish won't offer any protection, so if you're dying to move out now, at least throw some wax on top when you're done as a stopgap. Then, before you coat, do a strip wash and follow all prep instructions with the coating kit. You'll only need to correct again if any swirls happen in the meantime...you really want the paint as close to perfect as possible before you coat. Be sure to take some pics for us to see!

Oh, and the other benefit to doing some steps now is you'll spread out the jobs and not feel so overwhelemed later.

Thanks..i was thinking i was going to have to remove the “temporary” wax w the SK..but I forgot a strip wash will remove it!! 

It will definatley spread out the work. Maybe just a strip wax and light claying then just b4 the Cc application.  

I will def send some pics once i get going.