Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best wash for Ceramic coatings

bjoeaull

Question

So I just coated my Raptor with Adams paint coating, rim coating and trim coating.  I had a detailing company do my wifes denali with CSL and exo on the paint and rim coating on the wheels.  My guess is the best soap for this is the blue car wash.  I see that some other companies have car washes that specifically mention designed for coated cars.  Is there a difference or are they similar to the blue soap?  If theres a difference maybe Adams will soon have a  car wash for coatings.  

For now I plan to use Boost on both vehicles on all the coatings.  

Thanks in advance!

12 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, bjoeaull said:

So I just coated my Raptor with Adams paint coating, rim coating and trim coating.  I had a detailing company do my wifes denali with CSL and exo on the paint and rim coating on the wheels.  My guess is the best soap for this is the blue car wash.  I see that some other companies have car washes that specifically mention designed for coated cars.  Is there a difference or are they similar to the blue soap?  If theres a difference maybe Adams will soon have a  car wash for coatings.  

For now I plan to use Boost on both vehicles on all the coatings.  

Thanks in advance!

There is no “best” wash to use for a coated car. We install both coatings, Adams and GTechniq CSL Black.  

You generally want a ph neutral wash. This covers most car soaps, including Adams for most regular washes. A couple of times a year, you’ll want to do a strip wash followed by a very light clay. This will keep your coatings working as they should.

The biggest complaint about coatings “not working any more,” is that they’re dirty and the bonded contamination needs to be removed. Once this is done, the action of the coating is restored. 

The Adam’s coating is maintained with Ceramic Boost. This is like a quick detailer and should be done every few months. Wash, dry and spray a spray or two per panel and buff clean with a microfiber cloth. The Ceramic Boost does play well with the GTechniq, so you can use it on that too.

In order to get the most out of the CSL Black you had installed, you should have a yearly maintenance done. This involves the decon and a reapplication of a coat of EXOv3. Think of the top layer of EXO as being a sacrificial layer. Hopefully your installed explained that to you and didn’t just install it and send you on your way. 

So in summary, any ph neutral car soap is just fine. The occasional strip wash is good too to remove anything stuck to the car, but not as a matter of routine. 

Thanks!  I figured so with the car wash.  I do plan to use ceramic boost on both.  I assumed it would play nice on both finishes.  The light clay makes sense as well as a random strip coat, basically just like any finish might require.  Good stuff!

8 hours ago, zw470 said:

Am I crazy or was there talk recently about Adam's releasing a wash specifically for cars with their coating?

4 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I think i read about it on here, some like W&W but loaded with SIO2

Yet to be announced but it has been talked about by an Adam's employee on here

Edited by SumBeach35

8 hours ago, zw470 said:

Am I crazy or was there talk recently about Adam's releasing a wash specifically for cars with their coating?

4 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I think i read about it on here, some like W&W but loaded with SIO2

5 minutes ago, SumBeach35 said:

Yet to be announced but it has been talked about by an Adam's employee on here

Yep... @Kyle@Adams announced it. Here's the link:

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, falcaineer said:

Yep... @Kyle@Adams announced it. Here's the link:

So, knowing this, is it safe to use the regular car shampoo in a foam gun to presoak your coated car then complete a two bucket wash with wash and wax after?

39 minutes ago, moons21 said:

So, knowing this, is it safe to use the regular car shampoo in a foam gun to presoak your coated car then complete a two bucket wash with wash and wax after?

Yes it would be "safe".  But probably would just be better to wash with Strip or regular blue Car Shampoo and then top it with Ceramic Boost every 1-3 months.  

12 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

Yes it would be "safe".  But probably would just be better to wash with Strip or regular blue Car Shampoo and then top it with Ceramic Boost every 1-3 months.  

Yep, plan on doing the strip and light clay periodically followed by Boost.. just my normal maintenance wash (weekly) wasn't sure if I should use Wash and Wax in the foam gun or just use regular blue Car Shampoo.  Thanks

51 minutes ago, tlbullet said:

Older thread but could i use WAterless Wash as a quick detailer (light dust removal) on a CC car? I plan to use WnW as a soap and CB after washes as well. 

Yep absolutely.  Waterless Wash contains nothing but cleaners and lubricants (To my knowledge) and plays great with a CC.