Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Detailing Stool

slapshot87

Question

Hi, all-

I was just wondering if anyone knows an approximate weight limit for the wheeled detailing stool.  I hurried up & made a purchase during the current sale with the intention of giving the stool as a Father's Day gift.  But after making the purchase, it occurred to me that my dad is a big guy - pushing 300 lbs - and that I should have asked this question prior to buying.  I just saw that the stool was height-adjustable and initially focused on that feature because he's also very tall.  I can always keep the cart for myself if need be (not the worst option by any means :)), but figured I'd pose this question to the Forum in advance of my dad possibly breaking the stool and then none us being able to use it.

Thanks in advance!

15 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Most of them suggest around 300 as a limit, but I'm pretty sure that's a suggestion rather than a definite limit.  I think your dad will be fine.  Nice gift!! 

Thank you, Rich - I appreciate your input.  I also got the trunk organizer for him as well and will prefill it with a few bottles of product & some MF towels.  :)

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Someone's gonna have a great Father's Day! :banana:

I certainly hope so, Chris!  :D

1 hour ago, Ironjaw said:

I have the stool and there should be no issues with supporting 300#. 

Thanks, Brian - that's reassuring!

9 hours ago, Hookem06 said:

I’ve got 2 of them 

my brother in law is 6’6, 330lbs

it supports him w/ no problems 

Awesome - thanks, Chris.  That definitively tells me what I needed to know (i.e. someone my dad's size or larger actually using the stool).  Appreciate it!

Thanks again to everyone who responded!

Does anyone know if this will handle small pits and imperfections in concrete well?

I have a Torin Big Red and my garage isn't that smooth, even thought its concrete. The Big Red doesn't do a good job at all and wondering if its cause it has 2 inch wheels. The joys of a 1957 built house and no drainage.

10 hours ago, zeps7784 said:

Does anyone know if this will handle small pits and imperfections in concrete well?

I have a Torin Big Red and my garage isn't that smooth, even thought its concrete. The Big Red doesn't do a good job at all and wondering if its cause it has 2 inch wheels. The joys of a 1957 built house and no drainage.

I would think it would work better, as it has larger wheels.  My Tail Bone seat has 5" wheels and they will go over almost anything.

5031b-x.jpg

On 4/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, mc2hill said:

I would think it would work better, as it has larger wheels.  My Tail Bone seat has 5" wheels and they will go over almost anything.

5031b-x.jpg

How do you like this seat? I've had 3 fusions & other issues and my fat *** can't bend/twist worth a crap & need some kind of seat so I can wash wheels with and such, otherwise its off to the car wash....

On 4/30/2018 at 10:53 AM, mc2hill said:

5031b-x.jpg

5 hours ago, JoeySr said:

How do you like this seat? I've had 3 fusions & other issues and my fat *** can't bend/twist worth a crap & need some kind of seat so I can wash wheels with and such, otherwise its off to the car wash....

It is great for doing wheels and lower panels, and it moves easily.  The downside is it is big!  Takes up a lot of room garage to store, and needs plenty of 'clearance' when in use.  Also the "lip" over the wheels is a little sharp (I have covered it with foam in the past, but it falls off), and there is no onboard storage (could be added, if you were motivated).  

I have several pre-war cars I maintain it is plenty comfortable to sit in for several hours (the wooden spoke wheels can take an hour each to clean and protect).  And I can fit in the back seat of my Frontier Crew Cab, just takes the right angle to get it in.