Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problems with foaming sprayer

Beemer

Question

I finally had a chance to try the foaming sprayer this morning and had some problems.  I actually have two now since they sent a foaming sprayer with the gallon of Iron Remover I just received.  I think I was suppsed to get the Multi-sprayer version but whatev...

I tried both sprayers with Strip Wash this am.  Filled them with water and 2 oz of Strip Wash.  Pumped up about 25 times until the little button popped up and released some pressure.  Started spraying and was immediately excited with the foam spray.  Like snow.  The problem is that it only lasted about 3 seconds and then it was squirting a stream.  Pumped up again and still only got a few seconds of spray.

Both sprayers were exactly the same story.  I feel like I couldn't get enough pressure built up to have them spray for any length of time.

It's entirely possible that I was doing something wrong.  I know I had the top screwed down tight.  Any ideas?

As it looks now it's not good.  I don't want to pump for 30 seconds and spray for 3 seconds.

13 answers to this question

I had the same issue.  Took it apart yesterday and checked the way it was put together with the little white dot, and I had it wrong. You really have to look at the directions, and they're more pictures than words because the directions suck.  But it works fine now. Don't pump it up so much that the button pops and releases the pressure!  Somewhere I read or saw that the most you're supposed to pump is 15 times.   The pressure is what makes it work!  So don't pop the button.

Well - I had a little improvement but not much.  Only pumping about 15 times definitely helped.  I was pumping too much and it was releasing the pressure.

I was also filling it too full of fluid.  It compresses the air (of course) not the fluid.  But I'm still not completely sold that it's better to pump than trigger.

I think I'll call tomorrow to exchange one of the foamers for the non-foaming version to see if I like it better.

6 hours ago, Beemer said:

Well - I had a little improvement but not much.  Only pumping about 15 times definitely helped.  I was pumping too much and it was releasing the pressure.

I was also filling it too full of fluid.  It compresses the air (of course) not the fluid.  But I'm still not completely sold that it's better to pump than trigger.

I think I'll call tomorrow to exchange one of the foamers for the non-foaming version to see if I like it better.

Try this count how many pumps it takes the little whit thing to pop and then release all the pressure and then pump again  minus two less than when the white thing popped mine works just fine with know issues at all

52 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Multi-sprayer on the way. No exchange necessary. They want me to keep the foamer.

I swear - sometimes the Adam's people are TOO nice....

I'll be "too nice," too, and take it off your hands, Roger!

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Multi-sprayer on the way. No exchange necessary. They want me to keep the foamer.

I swear - sometimes the Adam's people are TOO nice....

Nice deal . I order the IK multi-sprayer with the iron remover gallon combo. Received the shipment on Friday minus the sprayer. Called on Friday and they were busy and they were going to ship it out today I guess. I have not seen anything in terms of shipping information yet... Disappointing since I paid for expedited shipping and due to their error I don't have my item yet and they don't seem to be in any hurry to get me it :( . 

11 minutes ago, Ironjaw said:

Nice deal . I order the IK multi-sprayer with the iron remover gallon combo. Received the shipment on Friday minus the sprayer. Called on Friday and they were busy and they were going to ship it out today I guess. I have not seen anything in terms of shipping information yet... Disappointing since I paid for expedited shipping and due to their error I don't have my item yet and they don't seem to be in any hurry to get me it :( . 

Give them a call. It may have shipped and no info generated yet. Either way, rest assured they'll take care of you. Again...call them...this forum isn't the best/fastest way to get answers from the shipping department.

16 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Give them a call. It may have shipped and no info generated yet. Either way, rest assured they'll take care of you. Again...call them...this forum isn't the best/fastest way to get answers from the shipping department.

Yes tried that and got pushed to VM multiple times. The email I sent from this morning has not been answered either. I have had really good experiences with in the past but they seem to be extremely busy at this time. Oh well I have no option but to wait. If that is the worst of my worries than I'm doing pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Ironjaw said:

Yes tried that and got pushed to VM multiple times. The email I sent from this morning has not been answered either. I have had really good experiences with in the past but they seem to be extremely busy at this time. Oh well I have no option but to wait. If that is the worst of my worries than I'm doing pretty good. 

Not sure why they haven't answered, but Barrett Jackson just ended and the team may still be wrapping up fom that. Anyway, even if it shipped today, shipping info can take 24 hours to update. It might already be on its way.