Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lighting?

KoryMiller340

Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but we've recently moved into a rental property, the lighting in the garage is less than ideal for detailing.  Just looking for suggestions on what to purchase that might be relatively cheap?  Just anything that would help, maybe even some mobile setups.  I'm thinking about trying out the ceramic coating my wife got me for Christmas, but wanted to see if I can get the lighting in order first before I dive in.

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Here’s a post I wrote for the stands we use. We also have one on a boom for shining down on hoods and roofs. Inexpensive and effective. Add a photo umbrella for photo lighting. 

I can attest to this suggestion, I took Shane's advice and just bought enough stuff to build two stands (roughly $110) and I'm not at all disappointed, great lights. Great for finding defects in paint or turn them towards the wall/ceiling and they illuminate the entire garage.

I bought 6 LED overhead lights for garages at Sam's Club.  I think they were around $20, $25 each.  Great overhead light, and where I have them hung, they light up the sides as well. More than enough when I have just one car  in the garage.  

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

I bought 6 LED overhead lights for garages at Sam's Club.  I think they were around $20, $25 each.  Great overhead light, and where I have them hung, they light up the sides as well. More than enough when I have just one car  in the garage.  

I am in the process of changing all my lights out with LED......you  can't beat them.