Customer Service 866.965.0400

Eco Wheel Cleaner or regular Wheel Cleaner for Sealed Wheels Maintenance Washes

LSX Maestro

Question

So I'll have the wheels on my C7Z/ZL1/427 etc. sealed with likely H2O GG or a competitors touchless silica spray. Anyways, I'm wondering about picking up Eco Wheel Cleaner.  Reason being, in a video Adam shows how the Wheel Cleaner eats off protection (Sealant/Wax) when used as a paint decon, and I'm guessing it will do the same thing on wheels. I would want something that would help out with dirt/grime but not strip the sealant off.  Also, current Wheel Cleaner's scent is unpleasant.  Win-win by switching to eWC (Preserve Sealants + Better smell)? 

Anyone have any experience? 

8 answers to this question

The Eco Wheel Cleaner is a gentler wheel cleaner that doesn't have the iron dissolving ability of the regular wheel cleaner.  For regular maintenance, it's a great product.  It reminds me of the old "Green Wheel Cleaner." If you're on top of regular washes and such, the wheels shouldn't get too horrible to the point they need to be decontaminated but a few times a year.  And when you do, you'll want to add some protection back on.

That being said, the regular wheel cleaner will NOT take a coating off.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:18 AM, LSX Maestro said:

So looks like I'll have to do a cycle...

Wheel Cleaner + Seal

Car Shampoo until build up gets bad

Wheel Cleaner + Seal

Car Shampoo until build up gets bad etc.

I use wash & wax in a spray bottle for wheels.  It cleans the wheels and adds a bit of protection every wash.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:58 AM, Tim said:

I use wash & wax in a spray bottle for wheels.  It cleans the wheels and adds a bit of protection every wash.

How much do you dilute the wash & wax? Does it remove/lift grime better if stronger/less dilution? I need to start doing this. Right now I just waterless wash on the wheels.

32 minutes ago, SlammedRT said:

How much do you dilute the wash & wax? Does it remove/lift grime better if stronger/less dilution? I need to start doing this. Right now I just waterless wash on the wheels.

I dilute it a 2 oz to 2 gallons.  When I mix up a bucket for cleaning the truck I fill/refill my 32 oz. spray bottle before beginning the wash.

post-1109-0-92957800-1478990047_thumb.jpg