Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long do you keep your wash mitt/pad for?

InkMing

Question

12 answers to this question

I dont use the pads myself, but have at least 5 washes into a red wash mitt, I rinse it out very thoroughly after each wash, and quite often will do that twice while I am washing my large truck. I would think it is going to have some variability to service life of these based on your use, frequency, and how dirty your vehicles are. 

A microfiber chenille mitt lasts me a season. I use two of them, one for the upper parts of my car and one for the lower parts. Wheels get their own brushes and woolie. Once winter rolls around the mitt is usually falling apart. I just bought some nicer quality mitts. I wasn't a huge fan of the synthetic wool mitts, so my preference is chenille. This is washing my car 4-8 times a month for 6 months out of the year. Winter is a sad time.

Edited by spartansui

On 5/10/2018 at 2:55 PM, davered00ss said:

I go by looks, but they have a short life on the corvette, then they go to the daily driver bucket.  Once they look like they have things stuck in them that wont come out its time to go.

Same here.  I do not have one-size-fits-all tools for any of my detailing.  Certain products are reserved for the really nice cars, some delegated to daily drivers, and some in-between.  Really nice cars get the premium sponge or a Merino wool pad, others I use a "normal" wash pad on.  I wash all of my stuff after every use.  The price of replacing a worn out pad/towel is less than what damage contamination can do. 

I flip my wash bucket over and sit the grit guard on it and wash my pads from the center out with the nozzle rotating 90 degrees and repeating. Then flip it over and do the same.. Put on the hanger and dry.  After dry before next use I often hit it with the master blaster.  That is typically all I do.

After a couple years it still looks like new so still using it.  I have two more mitts in the packages but have not felt the need to open them yet.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, rrmccabe said:

I flip my wash bucket over and sit the grit guard on it and wash my pads from the center out with the nozzle rotating 90 degrees and repeating. Then flip it over and do the same.. Put on the hanger and dry.  After dry before next use I often hit it with the master blaster.  That is typically all I do.

After a couple years it still looks like new so still using it.  I have two more mitts in the packages but have not felt the need to open them yet.

I need to give this a try. Seems like a great system