Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can’t get H2O g&g off paint

MrRaspberryJam

Question

So last night I used Adams H2O g&g for the first time, only problem is I’ve had that bottle sitting on my shelf for well over a year. After using it on the paint it left nothing but streaks and what I would compare grease marks to. I just need to know how to get this stuff off so the marks and streaks will go away

TIA

13 answers to this question

Since the H2O is water activated, I would try a spray bottle of water to reactivate the H2O. I had a similar issue my first few go rounds with it. My process is to use less H2O than I initially thought, maybe 1 squirt for a fender and two squirts for the larger panels like the hood. Use two single softs, one for applying that is damp, and a dry one to wipe off. However, once you use too much product it will require more water to get the residue to buff off.

Edited by Red Rambler

Another avenue that might be worth exploring is to leave the H2O where it is now, and apply Brilliant Glaze on top of the H2O, that might take the streaks out as well. I currently apply H2O and top that with a spray sealant from another company, it lends awesome results. I have had it on my mind to try H2O and top it with a layer of Brilliant Glaze, just have not done so yet.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’ve been thinking about just washing it with soap again but the glaze sounds like a good idea. It makes sense I did use a lot plus it was hot outside on black paint so I’m sure that didn’t match up either 

yeah, the heat and a hot panel can cause extra work with lots of products, allowing them to dry too fast, in the cold similar issues arise. I would give the BG a go, and see what results you get, just try your worst panel, and if it removes the streaks you will be happy, but it will also have a tremendous amount of shine, win-win.

You applied it to a wet car or with the "dry method"? Reason I ask is I've found the "dry method" to not work very well, or at least easily, on black.  If I'm not doing it after the car is wet/after a wash, I will use a spray bottle with water, mist a panel, and then follow the directions for the "dry method" on that panel, repeat for the rest of the vehicle. IMO this works better than the wet method which completely saturates the towels with water/disperses more H2O, and better than the dry method which can get tough to do.  Try it all ways and find which one you like best. 

Reading between the lines, might have been dry method on a hot surface. As mentioned Brilliant Glaze might help or switching to the wet method. I've only done the wet method and it worked great, was in the sun, but not too hot, didn't dry the vehicle at all, used the H2O G&G as you would detail spray small sections at a time.

I also recommend Brillant Glaze. I just used H20 on a black Cadillac this past Monday. A little H20 goes a long way. One or two mists per panel. The areas that I went heavy on I found myself going back over due to high spots. After finishing the interior I went around the car again using detail spray to remove what I missed.

4 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

You applied it to a wet car or with the "dry method"? Reason I ask is I've found the "dry method" to not work very well, or at least easily, on black.  If I'm not doing it after the car is wet/after a wash, I will use a spray bottle with water, mist a panel, and then follow the directions for the "dry method" on that panel, repeat for the rest of the vehicle. IMO this works better than the wet method which completely saturates the towels with water/disperses more H2O, and better than the dry method which can get tough to do.  Try it all ways and find which one you like best. 

I applied using the wet method and surprisingly it was in a garage. The areas with the worst streaks were actually in the shade too

Wow that's odd Austin.  If you apply wet method properly, a blind person could do it.  I've never gotten streaking.  Did you shake it before and during use?  How heavy did you go? Was your buffing towel saturated and not removing enough of the residue/haze?